+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Desperate advice for wp holder applying for trv.

johnsonb2014

Jul 30, 2014
I applied for my TRV on July, 7 to visit my home country for my wedding next month and I have not yet received any response or passport request. I saw that they are working on applications received july 2. Just wondering if anyone applied for TRV in July after the 2nd having the same experience as me. I have emailed ottawa on July 27th, attached wedding contract and itinerary and requested urgent processing, no response as yet. The call center reps offer no advice other than waiting. I applied as earliest as I could since my new open work permit was issued end of june. I had to wait until it was received to apply for TRV. Worried i wont make my own wedding. Any advice please?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
johnsonb2014 said:
I applied for my TRV on July, 7 to visit my home country for my wedding next month and I have not yet received any response or passport request. I saw that they are working on applications received july 2. Just wondering if anyone applied for TRV in July after the 2nd having the same experience as me. I have emailed ottawa on July 27th, attached wedding contract and itinerary and requested urgent processing, no response as yet. The call center reps offer no advice other than waiting. I applied as earliest as I could since my new open work permit was issued end of june. I had to wait until it was received to apply for TRV. Worried i wont make my own wedding. Any advice please?

From CIC: Only reasons beyond your control will be taken into consideration. Bookings for tourism or family visits, booked fares, already paid language course, non-problematic child births, transits through Canada, appointments for visas at other embassies, etc. are NOT CONSIDERED urgent cases.

So I will back up what CIC phone line said to you, WAIT.

My advice would be for you to cross your fingers, knock on wood, etc. there is no much you can do about this.