+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from US - can go to Canada?

rreword

Mar 1, 2010
Hi,

We are in US for last 10 years, I was main workvisa holder and my wife was dependent.

Due to bad advise from my immigration lawyer we didn't apply for my wife's visa extension. So now during our Green Card process, they have denied my wife's application and ask her to leave country as soon as possible. And she is inadmisible to US for next 10 years.

Now in this situation my employer is ready to give me transfer to Canada and process my visa there as my skill is very high in demand in US as well as Canada.

I have question: Can Canada immigration can deny my wife's application based on deportation order from USA?

Thanks for your help,
Rwe

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rreword said:
Any replies guys....?

I have heard she may qualified. However, it´s always smart to tell CIC about this and don´t lie to them.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you already are a Canadian PR or naturalized Canadian citizen, then you can sponsor her and it does not matter if she is illegal in the US as long as she had been admitted legally for a year there. But if you are coming as a temporary worker, and she is accompanying you as your dependent then she may have a hard time convincing CIC that she won't "overstay" in Canada as she would have a record of "overstaying/deportation order" in the US.