+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deportation Issue

reign07

Jul 28, 2024
Hi to everyone,i just want to ask if you guys have an idea with regard to deportation issue.I am a temporary Foreign Worker here in Canada and last year I got my Common Law Partner from Philippines thru spousal sponsorship.
Just in today my ex husband said he knew that i am here Canada and he wants to file deportation for me.I was wondering if he can make me deport by any chance?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi to everyone,i just want to ask if you guys have an idea with regard to deportation issue.I am a temporary Foreign Worker here in Canada and last year I got my Common Law Partner from Philippines thru spousal sponsorship.
Just in today my ex husband said he knew that i am here Canada and he wants to file deportation for me.I was wondering if he can make me deport by any chance?
If he isn’t even in Canada or Canadian/PR, he cannot do anything.

reign07

Jul 28, 2024
He cannot do anything and have you deported from Canada. He is lying.
I hope so because he keeps on saying that.As i remembered when my common law partner processed his requirements getting here we signed the declaration common law union.
I hope this will be enough to show to IRCC since they approved it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I hope so because he keeps on saying that.As i remembered when my common law partner processed his requirements getting here we signed the declaration common law union.
I hope this will be enough to show to IRCC since they approved it.
He cannot do a thing and has no authority over the Canadian government. He is threatening you to scare you but cannot do anything to deport you.

reign07

Jul 28, 2024
He cannot do a thing and has no authority over the Canadian government. He is threatening you to scare you but cannot do anything to deport you.
The last message that he sent me he says he will file Adultery case as ground for my deportation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He said he will file it in Hongkong where he works right now and from there he will send it to Canada immigration
No they will not. You may be charged with adultery in HK but you are common law through spousal sponsorship in Canada. IRCC recognizes your common law partnership. The Canadian government is not going to expedite you to HK, and you were not even married there. Empty threats to scare you.

reign07

Jul 28, 2024
No they will not. You may be charged with adultery in HK but you are common law through spousal sponsorship in Canada. IRCC recognizes your common law partnership. The Canadian government is not going to expedite you to HK, and you were not even married there. Empty threats to scare you.
Thank you so much for giving me such hope.This is the best answer I heard this day.
And also Im on my Permanent Residency application now.If it will get approved do i need to get the consenr of my ex husband to get my child in the Philippines?
His living with my parents right together with his younger brother.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you so much for giving me such hope.This is the best answer I heard this day.
And also Im on my Permanent Residency application now.If it will get approved do i need to get the consenr of my ex husband to get my child in the Philippines?
His living with my parents right together with his younger brother.
Your child must be included and have a medical, and if you don’t have full custody then you need ex-husband’s approval. Not sure how it works in PH for custody.