+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependents of protected person

tirunesh

Mar 7, 2024
Hello everyone. My wife just became a protected person. She is about to apply for PR. My question is does the new TRV policy for spouses apply to dependents of Protected persons or is it only for family class applicants. If not which is a better route for applying TRV. Apply as someone who is going to stay there while the PR application is in progress or state that you are only there to visit your spouse and that you will return by showing home ties. Another question is, is applying PR together better than applying later as family class sponsorship because I have seen the timelines and they don't add up. It seems like the family class sponsorship after primary applicant gets the PR is faster.. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone. My wife just became a protected person. She is about to apply for PR. My question is does the new TRV policy for spouses apply to dependents of Protected persons or is it only for family class applicants. If not which is a better route for applying TRV. Apply as someone who is going to stay there while the PR application is in progress or state that you are only there to visit your spouse and that you will return by showing home ties. Another question is, is applying PR together better than applying later as family class sponsorship because I have seen the timelines and they don't add up. It seems like the family class sponsorship after primary applicant gets the PR is faster.. Thank you
The policy is only for family class applications and does not apply to protected people unfortunately. If you want to apply for a TRV you would do this through the normal process. Generally it can be quite difficult to be approved in this situation so you would definitely want to show very strong ties to your home country in the application.

I will let others answer your second question.

Reactions: Simba112

aementehmas

Jul 26, 2024
I am primary applicant in my Canada PR application as protected person. I applied my pr application after I got the approval from IRP as an approved protected person and now I got my biometric request and request to submit my wife and kids documents so my question is I have my own uci and application number and now I got my wife uci and application number so which uci should I use when I have upload my spouse documents?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am primary applicant in my Canada PR application as protected person. I applied my pr application after I got the approval from IRP as an approved protected person and now I got my biometric request and request to submit my wife and kids documents so my question is I have my own uci and application number and now I got my wife uci and application number so which uci should I use when I have upload my spouse documents?
They fall under your application as dependents. Once your PR has been processed their applications will be processed, they’ll need to do medicals, etc.