+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependents children sponser visa

Praveen_1976

Aug 2, 2011
Hello Forum,

I understand from the CIC website that the following documents are required to be submitted for Dependents children sponser visa from canada.

 Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) - OK
 Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) - not applicable less than 5 members
 Schedule A ─ Background / Declaration (IMM 5669) - do i need to submit this document as I am the sponser who holds a canada PR??
 Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) - OK

also what would be the average timescale for getting sponsership approval for dependent children in ontario province?
also since the dependent children are minors (less than 18 years old, actually less than 3 years old) would they need to do the medicals?

Thanks in advance

Warm regards,

Praveen

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Praveen_1976 said:
Hello Forum,

I understand from the CIC website that the following documents are required to be submitted for Dependents children sponser visa from canada.

 Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) - OK
 Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) - not applicable less than 5 members
 Schedule A ─ Background / Declaration (IMM 5669) - do i need to submit this document as I am the sponser who holds a canada PR??
 Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) - OK

also what would be the average timescale for getting sponsership approval for dependent children in ontario province?
also since the dependent children are minors (less than 18 years old, actually less than 3 years old) would they need to do the medicals?

Thanks in advance

Warm regards,

Praveen
they have to do medical. Processing time depends on the visa office. Where do they live?

Praveen_1976

Aug 2, 2011
Thanks amy, they currently live in the middle east (Bahrain).. however will be getting back to India.. another question..If the sponsership takes time (which i read somewhere about 3-6 months).. can they visit me in canada say on a visit visa till such the sponsership papers come through?

Thanks

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Praveen_1976 said:
Thanks amy, they currently live in the middle east (Bahrain).. however will be getting back to India.. another question..If the sponsership takes time (which i read somewhere about 3-6 months).. can they visit me in canada say on a visit visa till such the sponsership papers come through?

Thanks
They can apply for visa but it's hard to get when their pr is under process. You may try

Praveen_1976

Aug 2, 2011
Thanks.. but i have not applied for their sponsership as yet.. do you propose that i apply for their visit visa (which may be valid for 6 months, depends on the IO).. and once they are in canada start the process for sponsership...?? is that an option at all.

regards,

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
The one issue is, when you became a PR did you include them as non accomanying? If not you are going to have big issues, if they were born whrn you became a PR that could be seen as misrepresentation and makes iy so yoy can never sponsor them...that would be the first issue yo explore

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stumpedmom said:
The one issue is, when you became a PR did you include them as non accomanying? If not you are going to have big issues, if they were born whrn you became a PR that could be seen as misrepresentation and makes iy so yoy can never sponsor them...that would be the first issue yo explore
i agree because if u are worrying about medicals that means they were not examined and that makes them not eligible to be sponsored

Praveen_1976

Aug 2, 2011
Hi Thanks .. my kids were born after we made our first landing (got our PR) and they are < 3 years old...so what would you suggest...if the sponsership takes time (say 3-6 months).. they will have to live outside canada with my wife (who by the way has a PR as well)... was hoping that if we get the visit visa first for our kids and then once they are in canada apply for sponsership that way they can live with me in canada itself...Thanks..

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
The next issue you have to watch out for is the residency obligations required to maintain PR?? If so, you may be able to appy for a TRV and get them here, or even a TRP. There are so many different opinions about how to go about sponsoring your children. If your wife can maintain her PR status and stay with the kids, I would suggest you stay in Canada, apply for them outland, as they state on the website that kids are done on a different (case by case) method and are a higher priority than any other class.

But again, watch out for the PR requirements of being in Canada!!!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stumpedmom said:
The next issue you have to watch out for is the residency obligations required to maintain PR?? If so, you may be able to appy for a TRV and get them here, or even a TRP. There are so many different opinions about how to go about sponsoring your children. If your wife can maintain her PR status and stay with the kids, I would suggest you stay in Canada, apply for them outland, as they state on the website that kids are done on a different (case by case) method and are a higher priority than any other class.

But again, watch out for the PR requirements of being in Canada!!!

I agree as a PR you need to meet residency requirements so as long as you meet it then you can apply for them also check your wife's eligibility residence wise

Praveen_1976

Aug 2, 2011
Thanks to both of you... yes the major concern at this point in time is my wife's PR status and that's the reason i was looking at getting the kids on a TRV into canada and then start the sponsership once they are here.. Best Regards,