+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent of Skilled Worker in Canada

sush413

Dec 3, 2011
Hi All

I am an Indian citizen and I drove from the US to Canada to join my husband (Indian citizen) in Canada who is working here as a skilled worker. At the border crossing the immigration officer told me that I could obtain an open work permit over the counter if I went back to the States and returned, as me coming back from US would not require a TRV(?)

I wanted to know if this is the case, and if it would be possible for me to obtain the OWP if I go to Pearson Airport as that is also a point of entry. I understand that there is a Canadian customs office in the arrival hall of Pearson airport as well.

Please guide.

Sush.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sush413 said:
Hi All

I am an Indian citizen and I drove from the US to Canada to join my husband (Indian citizen) in Canada who is working here as a skilled worker. At the border crossing the immigration officer told me that I could obtain an open work permit over the counter if I went back to the States and returned, as me coming back from US would not require a TRV(?)

I wanted to know if this is the case, and if it would be possible for me to obtain the OWP if I go to Pearson Airport as that is also a point of entry. I understand that there is a Canadian customs office in the arrival hall of Pearson airport as well.

Please guide.

Sush.
No, it has to be on entry to Canada not at an inland airport. You could also apply to Vegreville by mail or electronically.