+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child who is nephew and stepson

shopmujahid

Oct 2, 2021
I need a advice to include in IRCC express entry/PNP application of my step son(who is also my nephew - my brother's son) who is about 9 years old who live with us in India. Step son's father(my brother) is deceased in 2013. I got Married with his mother about 5 years after my brothers death in 2015. Since then I'm caring care of this child like a father, child doesn't even know this story, he thinks I'm his real father, he is too young to cope with this. I do not have my own children yet.

There is no Adoption law for Muslims in India as per Indian Personal Law board for Muslims. So I cannot adopt him officially as per govt of India, however I have an adoption deed which states that I will be the guardian and care taker of the child. It is just a written statement with witness signature on it.

I'm currently residing in Canada with work permit status, I need to apply for PR for myself, spouse and my stepson.

I cannot leave my child in India and take my wife to Canada, there will be no one to take care of him.

What type of documents I need to gather to bring my step son to Canada under IRCC visa?

Please give me advice regarding this issue.

Greatly appreciate your response.

Regards
Mujahid, from India

Last edited: