+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship with Employment History but went back schooling

jhndryl

Oct 10, 2014
Hi guys! I just want to ask if it is still possible that the application be approved if the dependent child had employment history but went back schooling for years now.

Can anyone help me regarding this query? Thanks!

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
jhndryl said:
Hi guys! I just want to ask if it is still possible that the application be approved if the dependent child had employment history but went back schooling for years now.

Can anyone help me regarding this query? Thanks!
I believe that dependant child age is now 18 years,
If he is under 18 it wont matter his school or work history...

jhndryl

Oct 10, 2014
Awesomeg said:
I believe that dependant child age is now 18 years,
If he is under 18 it wont matter his school or work history...
I'm already 25. But based on CIC if the application is submitted before August 1, 2014, Type C of Dependent Child will still be acknowledged as long as the child is still studying right? So it is okay to declare the employment history on Personal Background Information on question number 8 in IMM 5669? Thank you so much for the reply earlier.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You have to mention:
- how exactly are you being sponsored for PR?
- when was your app first submitted to CIC, and how old were you at that time?

jhndryl

Oct 10, 2014
Rob_TO said:
You have to mention:
- how exactly are you being sponsored for PR?
- when was your app first submitted to CIC, and how old were you at that time?
My mom in Canada submitted her application last 2011. That time I was 21y/o. Looking forward for your reply. Thank you :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
jhndryl said:
My mom in Canada submitted her application last 2011. That time I was 21y/o. Looking forward for your reply. Thank you :)
In that case since you were 21 or under at time of submitting the app, you are locked in as a Type A dependent, and will remain a Type A dependent for entire duration of processing.

The only thing that matters is you don't become married or common-law before landing as PR. Your work or school is irrelevant and does not matter to your application.

jhndryl

Oct 10, 2014
Rob_TO said:
In that case since you were 21 or under at time of submitting the app, you are locked in as a Type A dependent, and will remain a Type A dependent for entire duration of processing.

The only thing that matters is you don't become married or common-law before landing as PR. Your work or school is irrelevant and does not matter to your application.

Definitions of dependent child (types A, B and C)

Your child or the child of your spouse or common-law partner can be considered a dependent child if that child meets the requirements of types A, B or C below:

TYPE A

The child is under the age of 22 and is single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).
TYPE B
The child has been continuously enrolled in and in attendance as a full‑time student at a post‑secondary institution accredited by the relevant government authority and has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent either:

since before the age of 22, or
since marrying or entering into a common-law relationship (if it happened before the age of 22).

TYPE C
The child is 22 years of age or older, has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22, and is unable to provide for himself or herself because of a medical condition.

Now I get it. Haha. I was a little confused though. But now I get it. Hope our application be approved. God is good. Thanks Rob for the hand! :)