+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship- Inland : Need Urgent Help

reachraj

Oct 19, 2013
Hello,

I and my wife both are PR holders and we live in Quebec. I want to sponsor my 18 months old daughter. She is currenlty on a visit visa and residing with us.

In my case i will be sponsoring her as a dependent child from inside canada so i have downloaded the "Spouse or Common-Law partner in canada" inland application kit
(there is no other application kit availble for the dependent child).Please correct me if i am using the wrong application kit.

Sponsor: Its me.
Primary Applicant: My daughter
Co signer: No one.
Dependents for her: No (I am not filling 0008 DEP Form because there is no dependents for her)

I am just filling the following forms:

Generic Application Form for canada IMM 0008
Additional Family Information IMM5406
Schedule A- Background/Declaration IMM 5669
APplication to Sponsor IMM1344

Please let me know if i need to fill any other forms.

Need some clarification on the below list of questions:

Generic Application Form for canada IMM 0008

Question 3: How many family members including you are in this application? Should i mention as 1 (only my daughter since we are both PR holders) or 3 (Me,My wife and daughter).
Question 4:Immigration Office requested for processing this application? India or canada or Not Applicable.
Question 7: Have you received your certificate de selection du quebec? - I hav selected "No". For question c) If no, when did you apply for your CSQ- Should i leave this as blank.

Thank you for your kind advice and help.

Raj.

kiwi123

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9 2014
AOR Received.
SA - 27 August 2014
Med's Done....
5 July 2014
Passport Req..
2 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Dec 2014
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2015
I cant answer all your questions but I do know you cant sponsor a child as a principal applicant using the inside canada package. You need to use the forms for outside of Canada, and it will be processed where the child was born(sounds like India).

You can remain in Canada while the process happens, but I assume you will have to continue renewing the childs visitor visa.