+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child, 22/o, interrupted studies in a year

jaysee

Sep 23, 2011
Hi,

My mother filed for a family sponsorship and it started processing on July 2, 2009. I am one of her dependent child and I was 20 years old when our application started. And now, I'm 22 y/o turning 23 on January 31,2013 , single mom, never employed and I've interrupted my studies for one year and half.

I graduated BS Nursing last March 2009 and filed my application for the Nursing Licensure Exam taken on November 2009. I enrolled in a review center from August 2009 to November 2009. And I passed. Then after on December 2009, I enrolled as Medical Transcriptional in a trade school. But I wasn't able to finish my studies due to that I gave birth on August 2010 and decided to stop studying for a year to be a full-time mom.

But this August 2011, I enrolled French in a Language Center. And decide to pursue it till the next level or enrolled in again for another course.
And this August 2011, my mom declared and included my son in the application. And I've received a letter from the embassy regarding for my son's information and updated forms.

I was just wondering do I qualify to pass the immigration process even though I interrupted my studies for one year and half but remain financially dependent to my mom? Will they still ask for evidence that I remained substantially dependent? What evidences do I need? Can I considered learning French in a Language Center as a full-time studies or should I enroll a course?
One more thing, I'm eager to work now because I have child to provide although my mom is supporting me. Can I work at the age of 23 while waiting for our application being process?

Thank you if you will reply to my problem. This will be a great help to me. I'm really worried! :D

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jaysee said:
Hi,

My mother filed for a family sponsorship and it started processing on July 2, 2009. I am one of her dependent child and I was 20 years old when our application started. And now, I'm 22 y/o turning 23 on January 31,2013 , single mom, never employed and I've interrupted my studies for one year and half.

I graduated BS Nursing last March 2009 and filed my application for the Nursing Licensure Exam taken on November 2009. I enrolled in a review center from August 2009 to November 2009. And I passed. Then after on December 2009, I enrolled as Medical Transcriptional in a trade school. But I wasn't able to finish my studies due to that I gave birth on August 2010 and decided to stop studying for a year to be a full-time mom.

But this August 2011, I enrolled French in a Language Center. And decide to pursue it till the next level or enrolled in again for another course.
And this August 2011, my mom declared and included my son in the application. And I've received a letter from the embassy regarding for my son's information and updated forms.

I was just wondering do I qualify to pass the immigration process even though I interrupted my studies for one year and half but remain financially dependent to my mom? Will they still ask for evidence that I remained substantially dependent? What evidences do I need? Can I considered learning French in a Language Center as a full-time studies or should I enroll a course?
One more thing, I'm eager to work now because I have child to provide although my mom is supporting me. Can I work at the age of 23 while waiting for our application being process?

Thank you if you will reply to my problem. This will be a great help to me. I'm really worried! :D
1. Nothing to worry about. Your age was locked at 20 when the application was submitted. So as long as your remain single, not in C/law relationship you are fine.

jaysee

Sep 23, 2011
Thank you for you reply and help PMM.

One more question, can I work now while our application is still on process?

Thank you. I really want to work but I'm worried if this will affect our application. :D

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jaysee said:
Thank you for you reply and help PMM.

One more question, can I work now while our application is still on process?

Thank you. I really want to work but I'm worried if this will affect our application. :D
Yes.

jaysee

Sep 23, 2011
Thank you PMM very much. I really want to work to provide for my child.

Is the requirement and definition of "dependent child" in Quebec same as the other state in Canada? ;D