+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependant child

honeydatoon

Aug 16, 2024
Hello everyone ! I would like to ask if how many years I will be eligible to sponsor my child ? I am permanent resident.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone ! I would like to ask if how many years I will be eligible to sponsor my child ? I am permanent resident.
It's not quite clear what you are asking. You can sponsor a dependent child immediately provided you are living in Canada and provided you declared that child in your PR application (or the child was born after you became a PR). The child must also be under 22 when the application is received by IRCC.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
It's not a matter of how many years.
Did you declare your child when you applied for PR? Did he/she went through medical? If you didn't, then you can never sponsor your child.

If your child was born after you became PR, then the above question doesn't apply.

You can sponsor your child any time once you are physically inside Canada and live there. You will need some proof on how you can support your child (savings/job... etc) but there is no fixed amount stated on IRCC web.

honeydatoon

Aug 16, 2024
Yes, I declared him in my application and he went to medical exams with me. Wow ! so in an any time now i can sponsor my child. Thank you so much for your response .

honeydatoon

Aug 16, 2024
It's not quite clear what you are asking. You can sponsor a dependent child immediately provided you are living in Canada and provided you declared that child in your PR application (or the child was born after you became a PR). The child must also be under 22 when the application is received by IRCC.
Oopps sorry.. Yes i declared my child in my application and we did medical exam. And he will turn 15 yrs old this Monday. Thanks for the information. So, it doesnt matter how long i have stayed here i can sponsor my child yeah ?

honeydatoon

Aug 16, 2024
It's not a matter of how many years.
Did you declare your child when you applied for PR? Did he/she went through medical? If you didn't, then you can never sponsor your child.

If your child was born after you became PR, then the above question doesn't apply.

You can sponsor your child any time once you are physically inside Canada and live there. You will need some proof on how you can support your child (savings/job... etc) but there is no fixed amount stated on IRCC web.
Yes, I declared him in my application and he went to medical exams with me. Wow ! so in an any time now i can sponsor my child. Thank you so much for your response .

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oopps sorry.. Yes i declared my child in my application and we did medical exam. And he will turn 15 yrs old this Monday. Thanks for the information. So, it doesnt matter how long i have stayed here i can sponsor my child yeah ?
You should be compliant with your residency obligation when applying.