+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deny visitor and work visa

Kath Pearl

Apr 1, 2021
Hello,
Would it affect my student visa application base on my previous visitor visa denied last 2012 and work visa denied last 2017? Visitor visa- bec. I dont have travel history back then which i traveled now to other countries and work visa denied bec the work given to me wasnt allign to my work experience and study. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You have to state your refusals in your application. It should not affect it if you state them. Travel history is to countries requiring a visa like US, NZ, Australia and UK.

Kath Pearl

Apr 1, 2021
You have to state your refusals in your application. It should not affect it if you state them. Travel history is to countries requiring a visa like US, NZ, Australia and UK.
Should I state them in my SOP or just the part where it would be asked? Thank u

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Should I state them in my SOP or just the part where it would be asked? Thank u
Where you are asked to state refusals is fine. Given your work permit refusal, you will want to be clear on how a Canadian program helps your career in your home country and why you need to come to Canada for your education.

Reactions: inognito

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Where you are asked to state refusals is fine. Given your work permit refusal, you will want to be clear on how a Canadian program helps your career in your home country and why you need to come to Canada for your education.
I have not traveled to any country that requires a visa before, would it make a negative impact on my study permit? TIA and have a nice day.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have not traveled to any country that requires a visa before, would it make a negative impact on my study permit? TIA and have a nice day.
Officers look at your profile - prior education, proogram and how it helps your career, funds, ties to home country and travel. So travel is one thing and it will be noted as they want to see travel to a visa country mainly US, NZ, Australia or UK.

Reactions: lamnt0702