AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
I met my wife on Facebook just before Christmas of 2014 and in April of next year I flew to Mexico and we got married. Our plan was to save up when I got back home and apply for family class sponsorship so I could bring her home , but many bad things happened and I ended up losing my job. I tried for three months to find something else but I cannot even get a pizza delivery job. She was living in a very bad place and the people (family) she was living with were treating her very badly and she was crying on the phone for almost 4 days a week begging me to come back to you with her. I didn't know what to do. I have no money because even though we had a small wedding it was very expensive. I couldn't support her anymore .

I was lucky to get a job offer in Mexico City so I drove there from Canada. we were able to finally live together and even though the job didn't pay much, I was happy because I was finally able to be with my wife and daughter.

Eventually I realized that this was a really bad company to work for. They don't care about their employees and even though I was making an effort to learn, I was always treated differently because I was not Mexican. You don't even have a first name there. You are just wero (white boy). I tried very hard to learn Spanish and I achieved about 40% fluency but it wasn't enough. They told me I would get paid this much, never have to travel and not have to learn English, but all three were lies. They were working me very hard and I would frequently come home at 9 PM or sometimes 10 and when I returned home I would have to continue working . Eventually they started shipping me to different locations around the city and it was very difficult for me to get to the job site. Mayn times it was 2 to 3 hours to get to work because of the traffic. Sometimes they would call me on weekends sometimes they would call me at four in the morning to start working and it was very stressful. It was a very dirty city to live in and I always felt very worried that at any moment I could lose my job.

I became obsessed with trying to bring her back to Canada. There are so many reasons why I wanted to do this. If her or my daughter got into a car accident and she needed an operation it would probably cost us tens of thousands of dollars. I don't know this for sure . I do know that many times I go to the hospital and sometimes we are refused our appointment because there was no power. Everything is so dirty and many times people give me really bad looks. I know that a lot of people have probably had to go through worse than me because compared to other third world countries Mexico is by far not the worst.

All I could think about is how to bring her home. We had no money. It took us over year to save almost $1000 . I was spending so much time trying to figure out how to get back to Canada and I neglected my wife and my daughter. I couldn't focus on our relationship. I can only focus on how miserable and stressed I was to live in Mexico and it almost destroyed our relationship. I had no time to study, no time for professional development. I was always too tired on weekends to play with our daughter. My family, my cousins, my friends, everybody hated my wife. Nobody likes her at all. Nobody would give her a chance. She tried many times to develop friendships with my family members on Facebook and nobody wanted anything to do with her. Many times they would just tell me to quit screwing around Mexico and come back home and meet a Canadian woman.

For many years I have been a very proactive person and focusing on the future is very important to me. I just feel that I would be responsible if I allowed my wife and my daughter to grow up and live in a country that has so little opportunity when I am perfectly capable of bringing them home with the right focused plan and giving them an opportunity for so much more in life. I kept pushing and pushing and eventually I did land a job back in Canada. Even though we talked about this for many months, it still hit my wife very hard when it happened.

I just started working there. It was a long 60 Hour drive but the worst was the few weeks before leaving. My wife was crying all the time and sometimes she would look at me with this if the desperate stare and I would feel so guilty for what I was about to do. I never should have left. It had destroyed our relationship. She still to this day does not believe me for the reason why I left. I keep telling her it's because I love her and I love my daughter and I don't want them to grow up in a country where they're going to have to work 50 or 60 hours a week for barely enough money to even pay for rent. I want to put my daughter through university. I want to see my wife successful in the hotel industry and maybe someday open her own hotel. But I realized that if we are stuck in Mexico most of this will never happen. There is so much more opportunity in Canada and no, it is not a magical place where anything you want can happen, but it is so much of a better place to live .

To this day she still thinks that I left because I can't stand Mexico and I can't stand the traffic. Our relationship is on a single thread right now. She is so angry and hurt right now and was forced to move back into her mother's house again and is now in the same situation that we were after we got married and I returned home and lost my job. Her mother screams at her every day and her brother hits her sometimes. Our daughter who has lost her biological father, is always acting out and is completely out of control. Anytime my wife tries to discipline her daughter or tries to teach her that some of the things she is doing is incorrect the other people in the house start yelling at my wife and she is basically helpless to even raise her own daughter. I am stuck here now with the decision that I have made and there is nothing I can do about it. I barely have enough money for rent right now and I am trying to get on my feet. I don't know what I have to do to repair this relationship.

When I left they gave me everything, the old clothes make up jewelry, the television, everything. I took it all in my car and when I got here I discovered that their visa to visit was denied. We were going to go to Canada and start a new life together and now it was denied and I'm not going to see them for a long time. Supposedly they're going to remove the visitor visa requirement in December but that's no guarantee that you are going to get approved for an ETA to fly to Canada. Of course it only takes a few minutes to get processed but I still think that you are going to have to show that you have a stable job and lots of income and property to tell you to Mexico. It seems like effectively only removed the requirement to pay to enter the country.

I'm so desperate to be with my family again and even though it breaks me to see her poor and helpless with no friends or family or anybody who want anything to do with her, I still feel it was the right decision because one day I want to bring them home and start a new life within the country that has so much opportunity and potential. I can't just suddenly get fired from my job after five years for no reason whatsoever. We have the ability to protect ourselves and give us a strong and stable permanent future.

again, I know that many people on this forum have been through much worse because there are many people who is married from other countries that are much worse off than Mexico so no, my situation is absolutely not unique but it destroys me all the time just thinking of how helpless and desperate my wife is. Her mother told us before I left that she was allowed to live with her but when I return to Canada and the visas got the night I discovered that her mother changed her mind and is going to kick her out very soon. She has no friends or anybody who wants to help her and I barely have any money to send her right now.

Months ago my wife couldn't even get a job at a mom and pop convenience store that can't even spell their bristol board/magic marker signs correctly because she didn't have a four year university degree. So many people there had made us promises and offered to help us in many ways but when the time came to receive their help, they ignored us for weeks and weeks and where nowhere to be found.

I just don't know what I'm supposed to do. They say that if my wife gets to the border on an airplane and we show proof that we are going to apply for the sponsorship then they are going to stamp her visa for the maximum time they can give us a chance to be together so that we don't have to be apart. This is some hope but honestly I'm very skeptical of this ETA authorization.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do to repair the relationship, especially when my wife still believes that I did this just because I hate Mexico. She feels completely betrayed my beat and every time I try to tell her that this is for the best of her family and that this is going to lead us into a new life, she doesn't want to hear it because she feel so hurt that I left her. I never should've left because I can't see my wife or daughter and I don't know what's going to happen.

For anybody on this forum is in a similar situation where they meet somebody they love who lives in a very poor country, do your best to be with them. Stay as long as you can and don't leave to go back home for a better life until you're absolutely certain that they're allowed to be with you because when you see the people you love starving and eating only soup for a whole week and that you can't do anything about it because you're broke also, you're going to regret ever leaving them. I should've just stuck there with them but I never knew all of this was going to happen. Stop dreaming. Make realistic plans and say no to absolutely everything that isn't perfectly planned and written on paper because the most important people in your life might never see you again.

mad_hatter

Jul 16, 2016
According to this news article, Canada is going to lift visa requirement for Mexican. After Dec 1, 2016, you can go to Mexico and fly back with you wife and child. When you arrive in Canada, tell the immigration officer that you are going to apply PR for you wife. The officer should give your wife a visa allowing her to stay in Canada during the application process.

10 years ago, this process is available for visa exempt country citizen. You may want to call CIC to confirm that this process is still available.

esencan

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
19-05-2016
Have you applied to sponsor them and were denied?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
alemoo said:
I just don't know what I'm supposed to do. They say that if my wife gets to the border on an airplane and we show proof that we are going to apply for the sponsorship then they are going to stamp her visa for the maximum time they can give us a chance to be together so that we don't have to be apart. This is some hope but honestly I'm very skeptical of this ETA authorization.
This is not true. Right now she won't be able to even board a flight to Canada since she doesn't have a TRV. If she got a US visa and flew to a town close to border and tried to drive to Canada, again she would most likely be denied since she doesn't have a TRV. Having a Canadian citizen spouse will not help her gain entry to Canada here.

After Dec 1 when Mexico passport becomes visa-exempt, she and her daughter would then only need an eTA to board a plane to Canada. As part of applying for eTA, they do ask about jobs in home country, funds, etc. Although i imagine the approval is much easier vs TRV process.

Why haven't you submitted an outland family class app to sponsor her for PR already? Having one in process, should make her entry into CAnada much easier when she talks to CBSA.

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
We have absolutely no money. It took us almost a year to save $1000 and then I had to use it in order to travel to Canada so I can find a better job which I am now working at. she is going blind and it is very difficult for her to work when she cannot see. I have begged and begged and begged many people to help us with the sponsorship which I am not proud of but because everybody hates my wife because she is Mexican nobody will help us.

And just to clear things up, it was the visitor visa that we applied for that she was denied . The border agent told me that if she somehow makes it to the border successfully by an airplane , whether that is getting a TRV granted or in December when they remove the TRV if she just gets on the airplane and successfully lands then we can show them the application for sponsorship and they're going to stab us for as long as they can so that we don't have to be apart.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The best thing to do is to focus on saving enough money now that you are in Canada so that you can pay the application fees and the medical fees - and submit the outland sponsorship application as soon as possible. Keep in mind that you can pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) later (when CIC requests it) - it doesn't have to be paid in advance of submitting the application.

We can help with any questions you may have about completing the forms and submitting evidence.

Good luck.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
scylla said:
and submit the outland sponsorship application as soon as possible.
Is outland really the best option? Given the various red flags in the application, it may take awhile. I'm thinking if the OP's wife waits until the visa requirement for Mexican nations is waived, then she comes and they apply inland. That way they can be together sooner and after a few months, she can get a work permit.

M

mikeymyke

You're living in Edmonton, just like me. I can tell you that there are lots of jobs out there, even back in 2014. You just have to know where to look. Even right now on Kijiji, you look at the jobs available, there's lots out there, even if they're slightly above min. wage, at least it's better than nothing. You could work at a warehouse for $18/hr, or do general labour at construction sites for at least $20/hr. Even with the economic turmoil we're experiencing, there's still jobs out there.

At first, I thought it was a bad idea for you to go down to Mexico for a year, instead of applying for the sponsorship immediately after marriage. However, i just realized that you have lots of red flags, including that your wife spent 2.5 years in the US illegally, she has a child from a previous relationship and you presumably don't, and you guys got married at the first meeting after just 4 months of online dating. So in a way, I guess what you're doing to show the genuineness of your relationship is a good thing, with you trying to even take up a job in Mexico.

But now all that is done, you should immediately start to apply for her sponsorship. Since the TRV is denied, you should forget about re-applying for that.

keesio said:
Is outland really the best option? Given the various red flags in the application, it may take awhile. I'm thinking if the OP's wife waits until the visa requirement for Mexican nations is waived, then she comes and they apply inland. That way they can be together sooner and after a few months, she can get a work permit.
For me I still think its best option, because with inland, she cannot appeal a negative decision (it's possible since she was an illegal for 2.5 years in US, this might show she wants to leave Mexico no matter what). Also even if the visa requirement is lifted, she might still be required to demonstrate she's a genuine visitor at the airport, might be hard to do that given her background.

I don't want to encourage illegal immigration, but given what the OP described about her, it would seem highly unlikely she would want to go back to Mexico even after her visa expires anyway, so I guess if she waits for the visa requirement to be lifted, it's possible she could just stay here forever....

But then again, being an illegal here, she will not be able to get a SIN, cannot have access to the health care here without paying large amounts of money, will be deported if is ever pulled over by police, etc. Same thing with the daughter. That's a scary life already: not knowing when is the day you're going to be sent home.

AtribecalledQ

Mar 14, 2015
I can understand some of whats happening to you man. My wife and I have been together for a long time, shes not in the best of places either and it kills me knowing some of the stuff that she goes through. We've been fighting for 8 years to stay together, alot of doubters especially from her home country.

Without the support from other family and friends I don't know if I could have kept my relationship going. I feel terrible that you or your wife have no support at all.

If you still have the willpower and the love for them after everything that's happen to you guys, then you can do it. That's what I believe, thats what I've been doing in my own relationship although admittedly my situation is not as dire as yours.

Keep your head up and keep trying bud. Everyone on these forums are very helpful

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
Yeah, people on these forms are very helpful and give good advice sometimes. I'm actually not in Edmonton anymore, I'm in Toronto and I make $17 an hour and I just started working. Of course there will be possibilities for advancement and I can get paid more but that's down the line. When I drove back to Toronto from Mexico City at the border the guard told me that if there is anyway my wife was successfully allowed to fly to Canada I could meet her at the airport and show the guard that we have a sponsorship application. She said that I didn't even have to show that it was submitted. I just had to show them that we had an application that was almost complete and that they would give her the maximum time for the visa that they were allowed to. I guess she was implying that they would change the length of the TRV but of course this is going to be different now because my wife will be flying in December when there is no TRV so I'm not sure exactly what's going to happen.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi there,

The way you wrote your life story is amazing and it indicates that you are a positive person, no matter what!

1. You have to apply for spousal sponsorship, the early the better, as soon as you can accumulate required funds.
2. Considering red flags as discussed by other posters, it would be wise to apply outland with as much relationship proofs as possible. Take your time and organize your application skilfully...no mistake!
3. Address all red flags effectively.
4. Have patience and keep absolutely good relationship with your wife.
5. Don't sweat on small stuffs....be focused more on your upcoming application...

The forum members here are all amazing people. All helps are at your finger tips!

Good luck!

Hasan

hyper

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Hasan9999 said:
Hi there,

The way you wrote your life story is amazing and it indicates that you are a positive person, no matter what!

1. You have to apply for spousal sponsorship, the early the better, as soon as you can accumulate required funds.
2. Considering red flags as discussed by other posters, it would be wise to apply outland with as much relationship proofs as possible. Take your time and organize your application skilfully...no mistake!
3. Address all red flags effectively.
4. Have patience and keep absolutely good relationship with your wife.
5. Don't sweat on small stuffs....be focused more on your upcoming application...

The forum members here are all amazing people. All helps are at your finger tips!

Good luck!

Hasan

If there is a red flag in ones application but the relationship seems genuine with all family members giving reference that they support the relationship and other things to support the relationship like phone calls record,join account record, both partners lived together for more than one year before they started living apart, pictures with partners sisters, pictures together from the beginning of the relationship and money transfer receipt.. Will CIC consider the application? Given the fact that it's obvious that the relationship is very genuine but there's a red flag, will CIC deny the application base on that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
keesio said:
She's still need an ETA to enter Canada - even once the visa requirement is waived. If you look through the OP's historical posts, you'll see she was living and working in the US for several years illegally. I suspect at ETA may not be approved based on her immigration history.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
alemoo said:
I guess she was implying that they would change the length of the TRV but of course this is going to be different now because my wife will be flying in December when there is no TRV so I'm not sure exactly what's going to happen.
Unfortunately, as said above by scylla, given her illegal history in the US, there is a good chance the eTA will be refused.

You really need to be prepared that she will not be able to come to Canada until the PR app is processed.