+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Denied for a Visitor Visa as an Employee Working in the US

imlucasmu

Aug 21, 2024
I just got denied for a Canada Visitor Visa and here are the reasons mentioned in the refusal letter:

• Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.
  • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
I'm now a bit confused how to resolve this, and I want to seek for some help to see whether I should appeal or try to apply for it later.

I'm a bit confused how should I prove my immigration status here at the US as I don't think I've had any sections in my application requesting for a visa or any immigration documentation for my legal stay in the US.

I came to the US and have been lived here since April 2021. I wanted to visit my friend doing her PhD program in Alberta and I planned to stay there for about 3 days, and then another 3 days with her in Vancouver and then I will come back to the US. I included this simple plan in the visit reason part. I'm now thinking maybe this visit reason is not concrete to the VO? Should I include more details like the dates of the flights, the flight numbers, and the address where I will stay during my stay in Calgary and Vancouver? Or actually I don't need to provide such details?

Besides, the next time when I apply for a visitor visa, should I answer "Yes" to question "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry to, or ordered to leave any country or territory?"