+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Demand Draft cashed?

rand00m

Dec 6, 2010
Application Filed: 29 Oct 2010
IELTS Exam Date: 04 Dec 2010
Bank draft cashed 30 Dec 2010

I had not sent my IELTS result instead send a written letter explaining proof of language. I later learned that it is compulsory to send an IELTS test score. I was advised by email support to send another application package. I got all the paper work ready for a 2nd application. I just got to know from my bank that the draft was cashed out on 30 Dec 2010.

1. I am wondering if I should even send in another application ?
2. Is it possible that they cash my bank draft, return my application package and ask me to resend it with the IELTS test score (and pay again)?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rand00m said:
1. I am wondering if I should even send in another application ?

Wait for your AOR or the return of your application to decide the next steps. Sometimes they return with instructions to resubmit.

2. Is it possible that they cash my bank draft, return my application package and ask me to resend it with the IELTS test score (and pay again)?

Yes, it is possible. You won't have to pay twice. If you have to re-apply, you SHOULD get a refund (you might have to ask for it, and it can take several months).

rand00m

Dec 6, 2010
The only reason I am in a hurry is because my work permit expires in Nov 2011. I am already sitting at the edge of my seat thinking about it not coming in on time. It is just a little unusual to hear that they send back application if there are missing documents and here they just cash the draft. Most of the current cases with regards to IELTS have been return of the application package.

This is the reply that I got back from email support.

Email Reply
If your fee has been cashed your application will not be returned. However, this does not mean additional information will not be requested.

The creation of permanent resident applications in our database along with the mailing of the acknowledgement of receipt letter is taking a minium of 30 weeks.

Any application submitted without the required documents and information will be returned to the applicant.

noreved_73

Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2010
Wow, 7 months just for an AOR. Is that an official reply from CIC?

rand00m

Dec 6, 2010
This was an email reply from Buffalo general inquiry- buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

rand00m

Dec 6, 2010
September is the month that is being checked now. I should be receiving my AOR by the end of this month hopefully or mid March.