+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delhi India : Applied for Single Entry --> Got Multiple Entry 5 Year :P

ralte

Sep 23, 2012
20 March 2014 - application for single entry trv submitted by travel agent in Delhi

26 March 2014 - got a call from travel agent that Visa granted!

3 April 2014 - visa arrived from Delhi, turned the pages and saw "5 Years multiple entry" stamped. I am on cloud 100!

Ive been to Montreal Canada in Oct 2012 to attend a conference. The first time i applied i was rejected :-X :-[ on the ground that, my ties back home were not strong enough. I immediately re applied after a week, and was given one (maybe the previous visa officer was in a bad mood) - funny thing is i re submitted the same documents, only change being, a land property LSC which was worth around 5 lakhs - Now this was in 2012.

2014 - for a program at the university of manitoba in may, ive been invited by the univ and doctor colleagues from Winnipeg - since i had a bad experience in 2012, i was reluctant to apply, leave alone Multiple entry TRV. I dont have loads of cash to show in my account as i work in a church based hospital which doesnt pay much :) . But strong invitation letter from two professors from the university of manitoba, return tickets from winnipeg to delhi, usual cover letter and bank a/c for the past 6 months.

Like i said, i didnt apply for multiple entry, since i had a bad experience in 2012. Ticked single entry though ive read about the new policies of canada immigration granting multiple/single entry for the same price.

But as you can see from above, i have been granted a Multipe Entry for 5 years till 29 may 2018. And i wonder if theyd give me more, if my passport were not to expire on 28 may 2018! :eek:

So dont loose heart, even ive been rejected once, but i pressed on. All the Best! Canada is a wonderful country, i had a great time in Montreal and this year, God willing, i look forward to having another blast at Winnipeg and Toronto.

ps: the whole visa fee/travel agent fee = total = Rs. 8875 (they did all the checking of documents, making bank drafts, submitting the forms at the high comissioner etc)