+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delayed Visa, Tracking Shows Document Number

Theghboy

May 21, 2023
I applied for a visitor's visa in June 2022 to attend a conference in Canada. It was not until last month that I received biometric validity letter that indicates that my biometric data is valid for 10 years. I was later advised to track my application using the visa tracker. When I track, it indicates that my application is in progress, but they show a Visitor's Visa Document Number that starts with "E" and indicate an expiry date which is 3 days from the date that my passport will expire. Does this mean anything positive? Could it be provisional or the visa will be granted eventually?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I applied for a visitor's visa in June 2022 to attend a conference in Canada. It was not until last month that I received biometric validity letter that indicates that my biometric data is valid for 10 years. I was later advised to track my application using the visa tracker. When I track, it indicates that my application is in progress, but they show a Visitor's Visa Document Number that starts with "E" and indicate an expiry date which is 3 days from the date that my passport will expire. Does this mean anything positive? Could it be provisional or the visa will be granted eventually?
Wrong forum. This is express entry forum.