+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in COPR decision

ashwin_mathur

Nov 21, 2015
Hello,

Need your valuable guidance and feedback.

I received my ITA on 6th May 2016, under the Express Entry - Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Subsequently, I submitted my PR Application on 9th June 2016 and received a confirmation letter from CIC for the same. I had also paid PR Application Fees on 9th June 2016 and RPRF Fees on 22nd June 2016. I was later requested by CIC to submit few more documents related to my PR application and finally on 29th June 2016, I submitted a complete PR application form for processing. At this point, there was nothing due from my end.

The normal processing time of 6 months, as per the CIC website, has elapsed and since 29th June 2016 I have been waiting patiently to hear from CIC about my application status and COPR. I have written to New Delhi Visa office requesting for status but received an automated response mentioning that they will revert in 30 days time, i.e, ONLY if it deserves a response! MyCIC section states the following for the last 7 months:

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: Provided
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: Not Started
Final decision: Not Started

I am getting restless as I have no communication whatsoever from CIC on the status of my application :(

May I know what are my options now?
Is it normal not to receive any status update between submission of PR application and COPR?
Is it common for PR Applicants to receive a COPR much later than the normal processing time? If Yes, then how much longer should I wait before I write to CIC again.

Any suggestions, guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time and support!

Regards,
Ashwin.

ashwin_mathur

Nov 21, 2015
Thanks guys for your replies!

If only one of the experts could answer the following questions:

-May I know what are my options now?
-Is it normal not to receive any status update between submission of PR application and COPR?
-Is it common for PR Applicants to receive a COPR much later than the normal processing time? If Yes, then how much longer should I wait before I write to CIC again.

Regards,
Ashwin

aasif

Dec 8, 2010
Hi Everyone,
I am also suffering from this delayed process and waiting for COPR. Hence in my case 6 months will be completing on 20th April 2017 but no response yet as of others.
Can someone update how much time it will take more than 6 months timeline???

Thanks

ladybug8888

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Request GCMS notes, only from them you can get some overview.

Finger Crossed for you all that your time will finally come! :)