+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay between PR Approval and Receipt of COPR?

tjthom

Nov 14, 2017
Hello!

I recently was approved for Permanent Residency under the Express Entry program. Here is a timeline of recent events:
  • October 16th - Received email from IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca requesting passports and passport photos be sent to Ottawa for the final processing steps
  • October 24th - Mailed my passport copies (visa not required) and photos to IRCC in Ottawa, along with a self-address envelope that would be returned via FedEx.
  • October 28th - Canada Post shows that package was delivered successfully.
  • November 8th - MyCIC account showed my PR Application status updated from "Submitted" to "Approved" and it said to review messages within my account for more information. ...there were no new messages within the account; just the status update within the status fields. See image below (taken November 14th, 2017) for details.
  • As of Nov 14th - the IRCC still has not sent/returned my COPR via the self-address/postage-paid envelope that I included with the photos I sent. I have the FedEx tracking number that is linked to the package/envelope that I included, but it has not been returned to FedEx yet.
I'm wondering how long others waited from the time their application showed that it was Approved until they received their COPR in the mail? I live in the USA, so I understand there is an international border that it will cross, but the tracking number shows that IRCC hasn't even put it in the mail yet. Is this common?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi there

My application also show "Approved - please check messages below" and the said message is actually the PPR letter, that I received through MyCIC and not directly in the email (from Manila Visa Office).

I might be wrong but if you received the PPR directly by email, there might not be an additional message in your MyCIC account.

I just submitted my passport to VFS two days ago, so can't comment on the timeline PPR -> COPR yet.

tjthom

Nov 14, 2017
I received my PPR request via email, but nothing shows up in MyCIC for the request. (I wish it had gone to MyCIC and not email, but at least I got it!)

Mattjp1, I found another website that I found helpful. It is crowd-sourced information to help track processing times for passport request. Add your own case to the tracker and the analytics can help give you an idea of when it could be processed based off of others with similar cases pending.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/passport-processing-tracker

tjthom

Nov 14, 2017
My Tracker was activated today! There was just a little bit of a delay.

... I actually realized that the address we initially send it to (365 Laurier Ave West) is not the location where my package was picked up from. It was from just outside of Ottawa... so clearly after the application is approved, they move the mailers/documents to another location for production of the COPR. Fun fact for anyone else interested.

I definitely recommend using that myimmitracker.com website, as it helped to calm my nerves to see an average timeline of when trackers would be activated!

Reactions: bkod1 and Jakev

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I received my PPR request via email, but nothing shows up in MyCIC for the request. (I wish it had gone to MyCIC and not email, but at least I got it!)

Mattjp1, I found another website that I found helpful. It is crowd-sourced information to help track processing times for passport request. Add your own case to the tracker and the analytics can help give you an idea of when it could be processed based off of others with similar cases pending.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/passport-processing-tracker
A lot of people are using it. My case has been there since day 1, to contribute to the common effort.