+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

degree and work experience

Eki

Oct 23, 2011
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone graduated from one degree and worked in another field which has nothing to do with the degree?

for example:

graduated from chemistry and worked as a accountant?
or
graduated from math and worked as a web designer etc.

could you please post your degree and work experience?

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Based on the brief information I have work areas in Canada divided in to two categories - 1. Regulated jobs and 2. Non-regulated jobs.

For 98% regulated jobs you may have to show Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. Also, Canadian experience plays a major role. For non-regulated jobs you need not show Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. Still, Canadian experience plays a major role in getting job in your field.

Check if your job falls in to regulated or non-regulated jobs and plan accordingly. Best option is to have your current employer transfer you in Canada but this is not possible in most cases.

Hope it helps.

Eki said:
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone graduated from one degree and worked in another field which has nothing to do with the degree?

for example:

graduated from chemistry and worked as a accountant?
or
graduated from math and worked as a web designer etc.

could you please post your degree and work experience?

Eki

Oct 23, 2011
Thank you so much for your response....

my situation is little bit complicated. i started working for a construction company last month but i did not sign any contract. i am working 44 hours per week.

my question is, what is my occupation :)

I am really confused :(