+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decline ITA under FSW because I don't have $11,900?? - Please Help

Teddy2015

Feb 5, 2015
Hi,

I am currently eligible for CEC and FSW and when I filled out my EE profile I didn't state that I have $11,900 (because I don't) but I got ITA under FSW.

I was so happy to receive ITA but was informed by a friend about the proof of funds issue. I never lied and said I had the funds but if I don't have the funds is it better if I decline it and hope for CEC invitation? My permit is up very soon so I don't have time to waste waiting for another invitation. What should I do? :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
Teddy2015 said:
Hi,

I am currently eligible for CEC and FSW and when I filled out my EE profile I didn't state that I have $11,900 (because I don't) but I got ITA under FSW.

I was so happy to receive ITA but was informed by a friend about the proof of funds issue. I never lied and said I had the funds but if I don't have the funds is it better if I decline it and hope for CEC invitation? My permit is up very soon so I don't have time to waste waiting for another invitation. What should I do? :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

CIC will soon ask you for the proof of funds when you send your application. If you cannot provide the documents they're asking you better decline the ITA because that's misrepresentation, you maybe ban for 5 years for doing so.You can re apply and wait for new ITA anyways

Karolis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Teddy2015 said:
Hi,

the question is why did they invite you under fsw if you stated you dont have sufficient funds....

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
Karolis said:
the question is why did they invite you under fsw if you stated you dont have sufficient funds....

Technical glitch on the system maybe

Teddy2015

Feb 5, 2015
kryt0n said:
What funds did you state?
I stated $7000 (which is a bit of a white lie) but thought I would never have to prove it because I've been living and working here for nearly 2 years. I know I should't have lied about the $7000 but my point is that I shouldn't have got ITA for FSW when they knew I didn't have the funds required (nearly $12000).

Does anybody know of someone who declined ITA but got invited again? I'm just worried that I won't get invited again under CEC. I have 468 points.

Karolis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Teddy2015 said:
I stated $7000 (which is a bit of a white lie) but thought I would never have to prove it because I've been living and working here for nearly 2 years. I know I should't have lied about the $7000 but my point is that I shouldn't have got ITA for FSW when they knew I didn't have the funds required (nearly $12000).

Does anybody know of someone who declined ITA but got invited again? I'm just worried that I won't get invited again under CEC. I have 468 points.
I declined and got invited again a week later. I am going to decline again because of system glitch ><... Declining does not jeopardize your chances to be drawn again. Dont worry about that.

Karolis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Teddy2015 said:
Thanks Karolis, I`m happy to hear that!

How do I avoid an invitation for FSW? I just want CEC.
I have the same question. :) I thought removing funds was enough but apparently not...

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Karolis what was your system glitch? I'm in a similar boat, had to decline another ITA in the last draw because they system hasn't updated my letter of invitation to show changes I made, so it's showing more points then I should have

Karolis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Conor9900 said:
Karolis what was your system glitch? I'm in a similar boat, had to decline another ITA in the last draw because they system hasn't updated my letter of invitation to show changes I made, so it's showing more points then I should have
Thats exactly the same problem I have. I removed foreign work experience but the system didnt update :D Good to know I am not the only one like that...

Teddy2015

Feb 5, 2015
The thing about the funds is even if I lower my funds to say $2000 I'm still eligible for FSW as well as CEC and it doesn't affect your points. I don't want to get ITA for FSW but not sure how to avoid that.....

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you guys are crazy to decline without even trying to explain your circumstances to CIC. If you didn't SAY you had $11,900 there is no misrepresentation. If, on the other hand, you don't have what you said you did....

Just try to call someone and explain that you have a job in Canada that isn't LMIA supported, and see what they say.

Teddy2015

Feb 5, 2015
I just declined. So scary! I hope I get invited again and it wasn't a big mistake!! :( :( :( I decreased my funds to $2000 so if they invite me again I'll apply anyway because I wasn't dishonest and never said I had $11,900 so it's not misrepresentation!