+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decline ITA question

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Has anyone declined an ITA in the earlier draws and got an ITA again in the next consecutive draws?

The reason I ask this is because of the following note:

NOTE: Previous receipt of an Invitation to Apply is no guarantee that you will be again invited to apply for
permanent residence, so please make an informed decision.

However, the document also mentions that
"If you decline this invitation, and you still meet the Express Entry criteria, your Express Entry profile will become
active again. Your profile will remain valid until the original expiry date (i.e., the rest of the 365 days from that
date of your original Express Entry submission) and will be considered for future draws until that time."

It is kind of saying that you will be eligible but beware if you decline!!!!

What you guys think of this?

Are they trying to say that next time if the draw cutoff is 430, you may not receive an ITA though your score is 460 simply because you declined the ITA that time when it was offered?

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WISHLAD said:
Has anyone declined an ITA in the earlier draws and got an ITA again in the next consecutive draws?

The reason I ask this is because of the following note:

NOTE: Previous receipt of an Invitation to Apply is no guarantee that you will be again invited to apply for

However, the document also mentions that
"If you decline this invitation, and you still meet the Express Entry criteria, your Express Entry profile will become
active again. Your profile will remain valid until the original expiry date (i.e., the rest of the 365 days from that
date of your original Express Entry submission) and will be considered for future draws until that time."

It is kind of saying that you will be eligible but beware if you decline!!!!

What you guys think of this?
Hi, I have declined my ITA, withdrawn my profile and got another Invitation in the Next consecutive draw. The reason I declined my ITA is; I have been invited under FSW, though I have both Canadian and foreign experience, the foreign exp reference letters are not upto CIC standards. So, I declined it and withdrawn my profile and created new profile with only Canadian experience.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
They are saying if the cut off score is 430 then you would get another invitation as long as your score was 430 or greater and your original expiry date has not passed.

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
rakikira said:
Hi, I have declined my ITA, withdrawn my profile and got another Invitation in the Next consecutive draw. The reason I declined my ITA is; I have been invited under FSW, though I have both Canadian and foreign experience, the foreign exp reference letters are not upto CIC standards. So, I declined it and withdrawn my profile and created new profile with only Canadian experience.
Thanks
But was it really required to withdraw the profile and create a new one?

Or did you make a new profile just because you declined ITA?

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Pippin said:
They are saying if the cut off score is 430 then you would get another invitation as long as your score was 430 or greater and your original expiry date has not passed.
If that is the case, what is the purpose of this Note?

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WISHLAD said:
Thanks
But was it really required to withdraw the profile and create a new one?

Or did you make a new profile just because you declined ITA?
I withdrawn my profile just because I decline my ITA. All this happened after Feb 7th draw, so the system was new for me and everyone. So I did it that way.

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WISHLAD said:
If that is the case, what is the purpose of this Note?

It involves many different conditions why CIC posted like "There is no guarantee that a person will receive another ITA, if they declined any issued ITA"

Examples:
The Individual score might decrease, if he makes any changes.
There might be a change in Individual status which changes his scores, and that score will not be under the Cut-Off score picked by CIC....etc

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as any persons profile is active, meet all the eligible conditions and with in the range of cut-off score, he/she will get ITA for sure even if they decline any previous ITA's.

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Alright thanks rakikira

I am in a dilemma right now.

I got my ITA yesterday and supposed to submit all docs before 26th May.

To add to that, I am getting married in May before 26th May. So the spouse documentation is going to be a big delaying factor.

Honestly, I do not know right now whether to give this ITA a skip or hang on to it.

What you guys think? Anyone in the same situation as me before or now?

Reactions: Ven191

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WISHLAD said:
Alright thanks rakikira

I am in a dilemma right now.

I got my ITA yesterday and supposed to submit all docs before 26th May.

To add to that, I am getting married in May before 26th May. So the spouse documentation is going to be a big delaying factor.

Honestly, I do not know right now whether to give this ITA a skip or hang on to it.

What you guys think? Anyone in the same situation as me before or now?
My suggestion would be submit all the documents before marriage and you will get your AOR instantly or in a day after submission. So, after the marriage, call CIC and change your status

you can find more information in the below link under "Changes to your personal situation" section.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Changes to your personal situation
If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should re-calculate your score before applying online for permanent residence.

If your recalculated score is less than the lowest score in your round of invitations for an Invitation to Apply, you should decline the invitation.

Warning: In this case, if you decide to apply, we may refuse your application and will not refund your application fee.

Some examples of changes which could lower your score:

you no longer have a valid job offer
you no longer have a provincial nomination
your language test scores have expired, or you re-took them and they are lower
Find out how to re-calculate your score.

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
rakikira said:
My suggestion would be submit all the documents before marriage and you will get your AOR instantly or in a day after submission. So, after the marriage, call CIC and change your status

you can find more information in the below link under "Changes to your personal situation" section.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp
I thought about submitting documents before marriage but I have a major issue.

I am in USA right now. To get the PCC(Police Clearance Certificate) from FBI, it will take around 3 months. However I read in one forum which said that I can show the proof of sending the documents to FBI.

But the biggest problem now is to get the PCC India. If I try to get it from the Indian Embassy here, I will have to give my original passport to them and the processing time is 6 weeks.

That simply does not work for me as I will need the passport for travelling to India in May.

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WISHLAD said:
I thought about submitting documents before marriage but I have a major issue.

I am in USA right now. To get the PCC(Police Clearance Certificate) from FBI, it will take around 3 months. However I read in one forum which said that I can show the proof of sending the documents to FBI.

But the biggest problem now is to get the PCC India. If I try to get it from the Indian Embassy here, I will have to give my original passport to them and the processing time is 6 weeks.

That simply does not work for me as I will need the passport for travelling to India in May.
I got these processing times from Indian Embassy - Washington USA website

Processing Time :
• Applying in person:
o Same day/next day (delivery of attested documents between 10 AM AND 12.30 PM)
• Applying by mail:
o 10 (ten) business days excluding the time taken in mail

You can fly to Washington and apply in-person, if you can. or even if you apply by mail (use priority mail) it will take 2 weeks time.

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
rakikira said:
I got these processing times from Indian Embassy - Washington USA website

Processing Time :
• Applying in person:
o Same day/next day (delivery of attested documents between 10 AM AND 12.30 PM)
• Applying by mail:
o 10 (ten) business days excluding the time taken in mail

You can fly to Washington and apply in-person, if you can. or even if you apply by mail (use priority mail) it will take 2 weeks time.
I checked their website.

Thanks a ton rakikira.

I will call the embassy on Monday and ensure there won't be any possible delay in the processing of PCC and more importantly getting my passport back.

Really appreciate your help rakikira.

Enjoy your Sunday!!!!!!!!! :)

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WISHLAD said:
I checked their website.

Thanks a ton rakikira.

I will call the embassy on Monday and ensure there won't be any possible delay in the processing of PCC and more importantly getting my passport back.

Really appreciate your help rakikira.

Enjoy your Sunday!!!!!!!!! :)
You're Welcome....Congrats for starting a new life in May, all the very best.

I am already njoing by watching Final ;D