+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declare spouse as non-accompanying because of CRS-Score

Aristid

Aug 24, 2023
When I filled out my EE profile, I declared I am married, but put my spouse as a non-accompanying dependent, because my CRS score drops by 25 points when I include her. She cannot get an ECA for her academic background, and English level is intermediate.

I got an OINP NOI based on my current CRS score, but I have a doubt: Is it misrepresentation (or just a cause for rejection) to declare a spouse as a non-accompanying dependent in my EE application for the specific reason that including them will result in a worse CRS score?

Note: When I submitted my EE profile, my spouse was living in my home country, but now she is in Canada on a SOWP, as well as my 2 kids. I could refuse the NOI and pray for ITA, but my score is not really good (459) and, I am already losing points due to age.

I have read multiple threads online from regulated consultants and regular people. In general, consultants say this is a "bad idea" or "attempting to cheat" the system. People who have gone through similar situations say this is OK, but maybe indicating a better CRS score is not a good justification. Any guidance will help.

looking_for_username

Apr 4, 2023
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-05-2023
when you already have OINP NOI and if you get the invitation - you will get an additional 600 points, and including your wife won't harm then isn't it?

Aristid

Aug 24, 2023
Not really. I got OINP NOI because of my NOC and CRS Score. If my score drops, I am no longer eligible for OINP.