+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaration from non-accompanying parent/guardian for minors (IMM5604)

ah_galvinm

Apr 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I really hope anyone who has gone through this could help.

I am applying together with my husband and my son and I already got this form signed and notarized by ex-husband, who is my son's biological father. However, my consultant said that under the section "fill out this section if this child is travelling to Canada with someone other than the parent/guardian above", I would need to enter my husband's name which could be a trouble as my ex is now out of contact and I am running out of time.

Anyone used to do the same thing, could you please advise if it's a must to have the step-father's name on the form?

Thank you very much!

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hi everyone,

I really hope anyone who has gone through this could help.

I am applying together with my husband and my son and I already got this form signed and notarized by ex-husband, who is my son's biological father. However, my consultant said that under the section "fill out this section if this child is travelling to Canada with someone other than the parent/guardian above", I would need to enter my husband's name which could be a trouble as my ex is now out of contact and I am running out of time.

Anyone used to do the same thing, could you please advise if it's a must to have the step-father's name on the form?

Thank you very much!
That is the immediate 5604 required to be provided in cases such as yours.
You need to contact your ex husband for the same.

See if this link helps

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/imm-5604-declaration-from-non-accompanying

Reactions: ah_galvinm

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Your consultant is an idiot. As clearly stated, that applies only if the child was travelling with someone other than you. I'm going to assume that you are travelling with your child.

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
I don't think you need to fill I. Your husband's name as long as you accompany the child into Canada and are the person named on the form.

Do you have a copy of your ex's in date passport? My son's father's passport went out of date, so I got asked for copy of new passport as an ADR.

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Who has the custody?
This is important.
Now from what you have written you have custody of the child.
So the child stays with you and you raise him/her.

But you cannot take the child out of country without the permission of other spouse under any circumstances.
You need a written affidavit/permission/anything that states its fine with him to let you take him with you out of the country.
That's given.
Find him and get him to sign an affidavit for that.

I didnt get what "the form" in your question.

ah_galvinm

Apr 18, 2017
Your consultant is an idiot. As clearly stated, that applies only if the child was travelling with someone other than you. I'm going to assume that you are travelling with your child.
Yes he's travelling with me and that's why I am confused. My consultant is at the Campbell Cohen office that I thought should be reliable (maybe not the case?). May I asked have you done the form before? Thanks a lot!!

ah_galvinm

Apr 18, 2017
I don't think you need to fill I. Your husband's name as long as you accompany the child into Canada and are the person named on the form.

Do you have a copy of your ex's in date passport? My son's father's passport went out of date, so I got asked for copy of new passport as an ADR.
I did have his valid passport attached, just my consultant asked me to redo the form with my current husband's name on it as well!?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes he's travelling with me and that's why I am confused. My consultant is at the Campbell Cohen office that I thought should be reliable (maybe not the case?). May I asked have you done the form before? Thanks a lot!!
I haven't done the form but the instruction is clearly listed on it. Explain this to the consultant.