+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made Family Class Sponsorship Within Canada

arif_haq

Apr 5, 2013
Hello Everyone,

We live in Montreal, Quebec. My wife have sponsored me in the category Family Class Sponsorship Within Canada. We have got the CSQ last year in June. Last week we have received an email from Case Processing Centre Vegreville which says:

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490.00 is required before you can become a permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation of permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be prepared to submit the total fee of $490.00. Fees can be paid online at ..... You must print a receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in Montreal when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence document.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents."

When I check client status online this is what I get:

"We received your application for permanent residence on November 18, 2011.

We started processing your application on September 3, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

I have called CIC but they could not give ETA about when the Montreal office would contact me :(. We have got only the email, have not got any documents via mail yet.

Any ideas about how long can it take?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You need to pay the RPRF before they will actually issue the visa. Once the RPRF is paid, reply to that email with a copy of the receipt attached to ensure they know you paid it. Then it will probably take around 1-2 weeks for them to get in touch with you.

arif_haq

Apr 5, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
You need to pay the RPRF before they will actually issue the visa. Once the RPRF is paid, reply to that email with a copy of the receipt attached to ensure they know you paid it. Then it will probably take around 1-2 weeks for them to get in touch with you.
Thank for your reply canuck. The problem is, the email account that they have used to send me the info is not a monitored one. It says:

This email account is not monitored, and you will not receive a reply from this email account.

For more information, please contact the Call Centre at any time, toll free at 1-888-242-2100.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
arif_haq said:
Thank for your reply canuck. The problem is, the email account that they have used to send me the info is not a monitored one. It says:

This email account is not monitored, and you will not receive a reply from this email account.

For more information, please contact the Call Centre at any time, toll free at 1-888-242-2100.
I didn't notice when I read your original post that it says "Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in Montreal when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence document". So pay the fee and print the receipt. Then it seems that you have to wait for their letter telling you when to come in, and take the receipt with you. I'm not sure how long that will take, remember that CIC does everything at their slow pace :). If you still haven't heard anything next week, you could always ask your MP to give CIC a nudge.

arif_haq

Apr 5, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
I didn't notice when I read your original post that it says "Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in Montreal when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence document". So pay the fee and print the receipt. Then it seems that you have to wait for their letter telling you when to come in, and take the receipt with you. I'm not sure how long that will take, remember that CIC does everything at their slow pace :). If you still haven't heard anything next week, you could always ask your MP to give CIC a nudge.
Thanks again canuck. :)

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
do you know that, if they ask us to pay the RPRF, it means what? I mean do you mean that they decided to give us the PRV? & also asked some documents with that & sent them too

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
gango girl said:
do you know that, if they ask us to pay the RPRF, it means what? I mean do you mean that they decided to give us the PRV? & also asked some documents with that & sent them too
Some people say the RPRF request means approval, some people say it doesn't. For yourself, because they also asked for additional documents, I don't think it means approval yet. However, it definitely means that they have opened your file and started reviewing it, which is a very good sign :).

vanmex

Jul 20, 2013
I would like to know how long do you have to wait for a letter in the mail to come letting you know the time of your appointment. I would also like to know what CORP means? I have read a couple of posts in which people have said they got the CORP?. Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
vanmex said:
I would like to know how long do you have to wait for a letter in the mail to come letting you know the time of your appointment. I would also like to know what CORP means? I have read a couple of posts in which people have said they got the CORP?. Thanks.
Ask on the inland thread how long the wait is, you will get a better answer http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2012-t90875.8640.html

COPR: Confirmation Of Permanent Residence

vanmex

Jul 20, 2013
Thanks for your reply! would you say it is common that its been 3 weeks since I got an email from the Vegreville office saying that a decision had been made and that the vancouver office would contact me? thanks for your time!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
vanmex said:
Thanks for your reply! would you say it is common that its been 3 weeks since I got an email from the Vegreville office saying that a decision had been made and that the vancouver office would contact me? thanks for your time!
I have no idea, ours was an outland application. As I said, best to ask on the inland thread.

vanmex

Jul 20, 2013
THanks, I did not see that part of your post at the beginning. I posted it now there. have a good day!