+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made and address changed to Canadian one - but no visa yet!!

shruthi_2622

Jan 30, 2012
Hi all...
I'm sponsoring my husband from India and they requested his passport on the last week of October 2010. The status on our Ecase changed to Decision Made on the first week of January 2012, and 2 weeks later the address on the Ecase changed from his Indian address to my Canadian address. We still haven't received the passport back yet!!! (its been more than 3 weeks). Why would they change the address and not dispatch the passport with visa.........so confused.

Anyone out there with a familiar situation? Please help.

Thanks,
Shruthi

shruthi_2622

Jan 30, 2012
Thanks caninfoseeker for the reply.

I've read on some forums it may take up to 6 weeks but the only thing different here is that they changed the address on the ecase mentioning that the canadian address is his new mailing address. This seems like something they would do AFTER sending the visa right....so I got worried that it got lost on the way back or something. Already waited enough! So frustrating.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
shruthi_2622 said:
Hi all...
I'm sponsoring my husband from India and they requested his passport on the last week of October 2010. The status on our Ecase changed to Decision Made on the first week of January 2012, and 2 weeks later the address on the Ecase changed from his Indian address to my Canadian address. We still haven't received the passport back yet!!! (its been more than 3 weeks). Why would they change the address and not dispatch the passport with visa.........so confused.

Thanks,
Shruthi
You usually get the passport back in 8-10 days. Not getting the passport back even after 3 weeks is strange. I suggest you contact your postman and also visit your post office. The passport is sent through registered mail so there should be some way you would be able to trace it. Also send a Case Specific Enquiry to find out on what date the documents had been despatched by New Delhi.

All the best!

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that is weird as well. Why are they changing your residential address to the Canadain one? Mine has changed as well, but I've heard nothing from them not even PPR. It could be a glitch, or it could mean nothing at all.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shruthi_2622 said:
Hi all...

Thanks,
Shruthi
this is pretty strange, normally address on ecas changes only when you request them or you have landed, you need to contact CHC-I immidiately, hope your husband receive it soon without any problems!

Irenz

Dec 4, 2011
New Zealand
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
What happens if you dont have a canadian address? I'm sponsoring my partner and we are both living outside Canada. Do I need to provide a canadian address before the PR is approved?

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe you just have to prove your intention of returning to Canada. But when your partner is landing he will need an address for his PR card to be forwarded. The whole Canadian address as residential could be a computer glitch, I have not heard of this hapening untill recently.

jai1980

Jul 17, 2010
Hi,
Do't worry your husband will get passport very soon boz CHC will not send passport out of India.
So keep in touch with postman.

I have also sponsored my spouse and they ask for passport in July 2011 and not Decision made yet.
Is it Oct 2010 in your case when CHC ask for passport. If yes then it is very long time. But recently I seen some case who received visa with in six month.

Thanks & Regards,

shruthi_2622

Jan 30, 2012
Hi all and thanks so much for all your replies.

I actually called the call center agent in Canada (1800-242-2100) to get some kind of insight on this situation. The agent confirmed that CIC will never send passports out of India and told me to just wait. And when asked about the address change, she said she wasn't sure why they did that now and that its very rare for the address to get changed before the applicant arrives in Canada! She sounded so confused...

Honestly, CIC has absolutely no procedure at all. They just randomly do things to confuse the hell out of ppl. Just adds to the frustration.