+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Death of Spouse (Primary Applicant)

Fodewunmi

Sep 21, 2022
Hi everyone, hoping for some advise on this,

Sadly, my wife passed on exactly 1 year ago. We had completed our EE application in March 2021 and she was the primary applicant.

Although, I informed the consultant who worked with us on the applicant and sent him the death certificate (I wasn’t emotionally able to handle chasing the application then), I haven’t heard much since then.

I'm now trying to get the primary applicant status changed to myself; how should I go about doing this?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi everyone, hoping for some advise on this,

Sadly, my wife passed on exactly 1 year ago. We had completed our EE application in March 2021 and she was the primary applicant.

Although, I informed the consultant who worked with us on the applicant and sent him the death certificate (I wasn’t emotionally able to handle chasing the application then), I haven’t heard much since then.

I'm now trying to get the primary applicant status changed to myself; how should I go about doing this?
you'll have to do a new application from scratch. sorry about your loss

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine your pain. Unfortunately as already said, you need to start your PR from scratch. You cannot become the Principal Applicant. If your consultant sent your spouse’s certificate then your application would be cancelled.

Reactions: Fodewunmi

Fodewunmi

Sep 21, 2022
So sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine your pain. Unfortunately as already said, you need to start your PR from scratch. You cannot become the Principal Applicant. If your consultant sent your spouse’s certificate then your application would be cancelled.
Thank you.This ismost helpful