+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DD got cancelled, what to do next?

willitwork

Nov 30, 2015
Hi All,
I had contacted my bank to enquire about my DD status, they just got back saying DD got cancelled, but they are unable to say why & how, if its due to validity period.

Date of OINP submission - 29 December 2015
DD drawn on - December 14 2015.

I think i need to draw a new DD & send it across with my profile number & whatever is required .

Do i need to mail/talk to them in advance, regarding this ?

Thanks in anticipation.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had once called the Ontario office two weeks prior to my DD expiration, and told them I was worried and confused as to what will happen if DD expires. The operator told me that they will notify you and you can then send them a new DD. Since it is not the applicant's fault, they won't reject the application. They will keep it on hold till you send them a new DD.

You may call - 416-327-0374 or toll-free at 1-866-214-6820 (within North America only).

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willitwork said:
Hi All,
I had contacted my bank to enquire about my DD status, they just got back saying DD got cancelled, but they are unable to say why & how, if its due to validity period.

I think i need to draw a new DD & send it across with my profile number & whatever is required .

Thanks in anticipation.
Foreign currently DD's are usually valid for 6 months, however if you have received your AOR you dont have anything to worry about it, have you?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
willitwork said:
Hi All,

Thanks in anticipation.
Please check this update from OINP http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPINTAKE.html#display

What happens if my payment expires before it is cashed due to the extended application processing times?
The OINP will ask that a new payment be submitted within 30 days of notifying you. Your application will maintain its place in the queue. Processing will resume once the OINP receives your new payment.