+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Daughter eligibility to apply question (PNP)

juan008

Jun 5, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am very close to reaching my first year of work experience in Nova Scotia (days away), once I reach that mark I will have all the requirements to apply for the Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry nomination. I am currently settled in Nova Scotia with my wife and 5 year old daughter; my wife has a work permit that was granted to her when my PGWP was approved. Sadly, my five year old daughter was denied her study permit application because we did not send the letter of acceptance from her school. Since her visitor permit was expired when we received the news we had to apply for a status restoration. We applied for a status restoration within 90 days. We are still waiting for a response on her status restoration application (It's almost 6 months since we applied for restoration).

I have the following questions:

One of the required documents to apply for the Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry nomination is "Proof of legal status in the country where you are currently living, including Canada" for everyone in the household. In my daughter's case, I understand that she is legally allowed to stay in Canada while we wait for the restoration approval, but at the same time I think she has no status (not sure about this). If the status restoration approval doesn't come by the time I reach the one year experience, is it possible for us to apply including my daughter in the application? If the answer is yes, what documents should we send? A copy of her expired visitor permit and a copy of her application confirmation to restore her status?

I wrote to Nova Scotia Immigration with my inquiry and their answer was that I should follow the guide and that they cannot advise on specific cases. The problem is that the guide does not have an answer to my specific question.

Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, what was the outcome?

Than you in advance for your replies.