+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dark-skinned immigrants urged to take vitamin D......

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Hi Folks,
I've recently done my medical in Pakistan. DMP recommended InDrop D injection for my 2 years old daughter. He asked just to take it orally & take another one after 1 month. Though she is perfectly fine but the DMP said that in Canada sunlight the Asian skin specially people from Pakistan, India, Somalia etc are more prone to deficiency of Vitamin D. Lack of vitamin D afterwards could be linked to diabetes, multiple sclerosis, cancer and some forms of mental illness [Allah Forbid].
I wanna share the below article with you guys:-
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2010/02/12/ottawa-immigrants-vitamin-d.html

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Hopefully I have full knowledge on this and would like to just throw sum light on this topic.

Basically there is a "Ozone Hole" over Canada......I don't know which parts of Canada its affects. Due to this ozone hole, its not wise to stay out for prolonged periods under the sun. The sun rays are really harmful as they do not get purified by the ozone layer.

After staying in Toronto for almost three yrs continuosly , wen recently my bro came to India.......there wer frequent cramps in his leg and I could clearly distinguish that the skin on his legs had also gone pale.

After a blood report, it was clear that he had major deficiency of Vitamin D in his blood.....the reason being that he hardly used to roam outside under the sun due to its harmful rays. Vitamin D is produced directly by the body with the help of sun's rays. If u hve vitamin D deficiency just stay under the sun nd it would be cured but its not possible in Canada. The harmful rays causes skin cancer.

NOTE: 1) When you are in Canada, don't forget to take vitamin D shots from the Doc....or carry a prescription from India itself with the help of your family doc.
2) If there is a need for u to roam outside under the sun, don't forget to use skin cream rich in SPF(sun protection factor) 50.

I don't know how helpful this is for you guys......but don't forget health comes first

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
jaggy999 said:
Hopefully I have full knowledge on this and would like to just throw sum light on this topic.

Basically there is a "Ozone Hole" over Canada......I don't know which parts of Canada its affects. Due to this ozone hole, its not wise to stay out for prolonged periods under the sun. The sun rays are really harmful as they do not get purified by the ozone layer.

After staying in Toronto for almost three yrs continuosly , wen recently my bro came to India.......there wer frequent cramps in his leg and I could clearly distinguish that the skin on his legs had also gone pale.

After a blood report, it was clear that he had major deficiency of Vitamin D in his blood.....the reason being that he hardly used to roam outside under the sun due to its harmful rays. Vitamin D is produced directly by the body with the help of sun's rays. If u hve vitamin D deficiency just stay under the sun nd it would be cured but its not possible in Canada. The harmful rays causes skin cancer.

NOTE: 1) When you are in Canada, don't forget to take vitamin D shots from the Doc....or carry a prescription from India itself with the help of your family doc.
2) If there is a need for u to roam outside under the sun, don't forget to use skin cream rich in SPF(sun protection factor) 50.

I don't know how helpful this is for you guys......but don't forget health comes first
Thanks jaggy for updating.

MASunny

Apr 20, 2012
That's correct, so take care of Vit. D.

jaggy999 said: