+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damaged Passport & Visa Page

sertacsen

Oct 8, 2024
Hi folks,

I am a foreign national in the US (no citizenship or green card) who obtained a Canada visa (B-1, multiple entry) for an academic conference last year. While having my passport reissued, because the old one was nearing expiration, an absent-minded consular officer punched a hole through the entire thing, damaging all the pages in my old passport, including the one where my Canada visa was stamped. Now I have a) a new passport with no Canada visa page, and a damaged old passport with a damaged Canada visa page.

My US citizen partner is asking me to accompany her to Canada for an academic conference she wants to attend. Do you think I can enter Canada to travel with her as long as I bring my new and old passport along? Or do I stand no chance without applying for a new visa or renewal? I shot several emails in several directions to get an answer to my question, but, alas, with no luck!

So, thanks to anyone who can chime in to respond, or guide me to a contact person who might have the answer to my question.