+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DAMAGED PASSPORT NEED TO TRAVEL BACK TO CANADA URGENTLY

fahadmoin24

Dec 14, 2018
Hi,

I just came back home to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on my semester break from St. John's to Riyadh. I am originally from Bangladesh. Unfortunately, my passport got severely wet two days prior to my flight. Now, with the slightly water damaged passport I had no problem coming back home from Canada. I was also allowed entry back home. But out off curiosity while dropping a friend off at the airport I checked up with the immigration and they said my passport would not be allowed past immigration.

My flight back to Canada is in two days. I have been told to go to our embassy here and acquire a travel document permitting a travel. What do I do? Anybody has any suggestions or advice?

Fastest time to renew my passport from a foreign country (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) is one month.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I just came back home to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on my semester break from St. John's to Riyadh. I am originally from Bangladesh. Unfortunately, my passport got severely wet two days prior to my flight. Now, with the slightly water damaged passport I had no problem coming back home from Canada. I was also allowed entry back home. But out off curiosity while dropping a friend off at the airport I checked up with the immigration and they said my passport would not be allowed past immigration.

My flight back to Canada is in two days. I have been told to go to our embassy here and acquire a travel document permitting a travel. What do I do? Anybody has any suggestions or advice?

Fastest time to renew my passport from a foreign country (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) is one month.
Ask the Bangladeshi embassy if they can provide an emergency passport document for 1 time travel. This is between you and the Bangladeshi embassy.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I believe OP may also have to be concerned about the damaged Canadian TRV (or study permit?) in their water-drenched passport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I believe OP may also have to be concerned about the damaged Canadian TRV (or study permit?) in their water-drenched passport.
They can likely still used it if it is legible. Passports need to be in good condition in order for them to be accepted.