+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Currently on a work permit in Quebec, want to apply for PR

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
A friend of mine is in Quebec on a work permit. They want to apply for PR but they said they'll have to do a French course which they'd rather avoid as they don't speak it . They want to use the address of a friend who lives in Ontario so they can avoid the French process. Is this feasible? If my friend is able to get their name on a lease in Ontario would that be sufficient for IRCC? Any insight is welcome.
Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: foodie69

nzkko

Star Member
May 13, 2024
It's probably not sufficient. Your friend needs to show the intent to leave Quebec. Having a lease in another province is a start. But your friend needs to show real intent: finding a job, having utility bills, terminating old job and lease in Quebec etc.

A lot also depends on the visa officer.

nzkko

Star Member
May 13, 2024
You can also search "intent to leave Quebec" on this forum and you'll find plenty of examples

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
A friend of mine is in Quebec on a work permit. They want to apply for PR but they said they'll have to do a French course which they'd rather avoid as they don't speak it . They want to use the address of a friend who lives in Ontario so they can avoid the French process. Is this feasible? If my friend is able to get their name on a lease in Ontario would that be sufficient for IRCC? Any insight is welcome.
Thanks!
Why not learn French? Why did your friend pick Quebec in the first place if s/he can't be bothered to learn the language?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks!
That would be misrepresentation and could lead to a 5 year exclusion order.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thanks!
So they want to lie is what you’re saying?

These are the times that one hopes the IRCC slams a five year ban on these people for misrepresentation

Reactions: foodie69