+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current GCC residency expiring right after I get my study permit

hesh97

Jun 7, 2019
Hello,

I am planning to apply for my study permit in about a week, but my current GCC (Kuwait) residency (country I am currently residing in, *not my citizenship country) is expiring and I can't renew it after it expires although I am able to come back on a temporary visit visa since my family is here. It will expire sometime in September, and it looks like I will receive my study permit sometime end-July or early August.

I am applying for the study permit from Kuwait since I have lived here my whole life and finished university here. Will this be a problem for obtaining a permit? As in they might say if your residency is expiring soon, how I plan to come back?

Any information will be really helpful about this, thanks!

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello,

I am planning to apply for my study permit in about a week, but my current GCC (Kuwait) residency (country I am currently residing in, *not my citizenship country) is expiring and I can't renew it after it expires although I am able to come back on a temporary visit visa since my family is here. It will expire sometime in September, and it looks like I will receive my study permit sometime end-July or early August.

I am applying for the study permit from Kuwait since I have lived here my whole life and finished university here. Will this be a problem for obtaining a permit? As in they might say if your residency is expiring soon, how I plan to come back?

You will have less ties to your country of residence, since you are not a citizen of a country you are residing in. You can state in your SOP that you have ties due to living in Kuwait during your childhood and later years, that you still have family in Kuwait, and you can easily obtain a visa to visit.

Ibz2000

Feb 1, 2021
Hello,

Hello,

Hey did you get through? I'm a Sri Lankan residing in Bahrain with my parents so this is quite relatable!