+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current employer not giving Employment Reference Letter

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi guys,

I have an unfortunate situation here. My current employer is not providing me with the employment reference letter that includes working hours, salary and job roles due to company policy. My supervisor is also providing a negative response. What are my options here? Will this affect my application for PR?

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hi guys,

I have an unfortunate situation here. My current employer is not providing me with the employment reference letter that includes working hours, salary and job roles due to company policy. My supervisor is also providing a negative response. What are my options here? Will this affect my application for PR?
Hi!

You can try and ask your colleagues to give you a reference letter with your duties. Explain your situation in LOE and, if possible, attach evidences that your employer refused to give you the letter. Besides, support reference letters from your colleagues with other evidences that you are employed at that company and that you are being payed (tax returns, pay slips, bank account statments and so on).

The other option would be just to exclude this work experience from your work history, but that means that you will not get any CRS points for that. So that will work only if you have enought points without it.

Reactions: mvneema10

HDU

Apr 30, 2022
Hi!

You can try and ask your colleagues to give you a reference letter with your duties. Explain your situation in LOE and, if possible, attach evidences that your employer refused to give you the letter. Besides, support reference letters from your colleagues with other evidences that you are employed at that company and that you are being payed (tax returns, pay slips, bank account statments and so on).

The other option would be just to exclude this work experience from your work history, but that means that you will not get any CRS points for that. So that will work only if you have enought points without it.
Hi, id like to know how you sorted the issue as my employer is also refusing to give reference letter. did providing other documents work for you? which documents did you give in place of reference letter

Isha2105

Nov 13, 2023
Hi Guys, My employer is not willing to provide me with a letter with job duties and responsibilities. Now I am a former employee and colleagues moved to new jobs and can't be contacted. I got a senior but not from my department when I was working with the company, what kind of letter could he provide that could be considered as a testimony in my case? IRCC has asked me to submit proof for that particular job role I mentioned. I need help. I have my deadline coming soon!