+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Culinary Management (Diploma)

sunti

Jan 31, 2012
I wanna study Culinary Management (Diploma) for 2 years to apply Canadian Experience Class Program

1. Does the Culinary Management (Diploma) is in Skill Level 0, Skill Level A, Skill Level B?
What is Skill Level A,B??
2. Diploma is a post secondary education?
3. I've found 6241 Chefs and 6321 Chefs, which one is for Canadian Experience Class?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sunti said:
I wanna study Culinary Management (Diploma) for 2 years to apply Canadian Experience Class Program

1. Does the Culinary Management (Diploma) is in Skill Level 0, Skill Level A, Skill Level B?
What is Skill Level A,B??
2. Diploma is a post secondary education?
3. I've found 6241 Chefs and 6321 Chefs, which one is for Canadian Experience Class?
1. Diplomas are immaterial, and don't have NOC designations.
2. It is you job experience after graduation, that counts for the work experience and must be in NOC, A, B or O.
3. Well since 6241 doesn't exist, 6321 is a Chef and if you had experience as a Chef, then it would be counted. Somehow I doubt that you will walk out of your class training an be appointed as a Chef.

sunti

Jan 31, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

1. Diplomas are immaterial, and don't have NOC designations.
2. It is you job experience after graduation, that counts for the work experience and must be in NOC, A, B or O.
3. Well since 6241 doesn't exist, 6321 is a Chef and if you had experience as a Chef, then it would be counted. Somehow I doubt that you will walk out of your class training an be appointed as a Chef.
I have a one-year master’s degree (or one-year certificate) from a Canadian post-secondary educational institution. Am I eligible to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class?
I have a one-year master’s degree (or one-year certificate) from a Canadian post-secondary educational institution. Am I eligible to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class?
Anyone accepted as a permanent resident under the Canadian Experience Class (based on their studies) has to have studied in Canada for at least two years.

Normally, this means you graduated with a Canadian post-secondary credential that requires at least two academic years of study, but there is one exception.

If you completed a one-year master’s (certificates and diplomas do not count with this exception), you would be eligible if you earned it after completing another program of at least one academic year in Canada. Both credentials must be obtained from a post-secondary institution recognized by the province. Each program must be completed within two years of each other.

It seem like diploma works for this case