+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ taking too long/ nothing has been requested yet

Eduarda

Apr 17, 2024
Dear all,

I submitted CSQ application on January 9th 2024 and I have not heard a word back from MIFI. Anyone on the same situation? Because my PGWP expired a day after I applied for the CSQ I no longer hold a job in Quebec plus the listening French test result I sent with my application was a temporary one since the official result was gonna take 2 weeks to be sent to me and I had to apply for CSQ before my PGWP expired. I was expecting MIFI to contact me at some point and request the official French test result or even latest pay-checks (which I would not be able to provide, since the company I worked for let me go due to my expired PGWP). It's been almost 5 months since I sent my application to MIFI and their silence is bothering me. I am afraid they gonna see that my PGWP expired a day after the CSQ application and therefore I am unemployed and that this could be a reason for them to refuse my application. The fact that they haven't even requested me the official French test result is causing me anxiety as well, since this would be the least they could request of me.

Anyone in a similar situation or does anyone have any inputs or comments that would shed me some light?

Thank you!

Last edited:

gdbart

Sep 30, 2018
Dear all,

I applied for the CSQ on January 9th 2024 and I have not heard a word back from MIFI. Anyone on the same situation? Because my PGWP expired a day after I applied for the CSQ I no longer hold a job in Quebec plus the listening French test result I sent with my application was a temporary one since the official result was gonna take 2 weeks to be sent to me and I had to apply for CSQ before my PGWP expired. I was expecting MIFI to contact me at some point and request the official French test result or even latest pay-checks (which I would not be able to provide, since the company I worked for let me go due to my expired PGWP). It's been almost 5 months since I sent my application to MIFI and their silence is bothering me. I am afraid they gonna see that my PGWP expired a day after the CSQ application and therefore I am unemployed and that this could be a reason for them to refuse my application. The fact that they haven't even requested me the official French test result is causing me anxiety as well, since this would be the least they could request of me.

Anyone in a similar situation or does anyone have any inputs or comments that would shed me some light?

Thank you!
Did you receive the request to do the democratic values test?
It took 5 months to change from Waiting to be processed to In process and is exactly 6 months today since we submitted our application.

Eduarda

Apr 17, 2024
Hi thanks for your message. Yes I did receive the request for the democratic test back in February if I am not mistaken. Haven’t received any other request at all since then.

Eduarda

Apr 17, 2024
I understand that it’s taking no less than 6/5 months, but I find it odd that I haven’t heard anything at all. As I said, I would expect at least them to request the official French test result since I submitted a temporary one. In your case, you heard from them which is a good sign, not my case though.

nzkko

May 13, 2024
There was no update on my file for 5 and a half months, and then they started working on the application. Good luck.

Mnt

Nov 18, 2021
There's no temporary French test. Either you have it or you don't.
You can submit new documents at any point, if you already has your new exam what are you waiting for? Just add it in Arrima, why wait for them to ask and risk even longer processing times?

Eduarda

Apr 17, 2024
There's no temporary French test. Either you have it or you don't.
You can submit new documents at any point, if you already has your new exam what are you waiting for? Just add it in Arrima, why wait for them to ask and risk even longer processing times?
In fact there is. What happened was that I took the French test (listening only cause I had passed the oral test before) one day before I submitted the CSQ application. Since it takes them 15 days or so to issue the official results, I decided to upload the ‘provisoire’ results, otherwise I was going to miss my deadline to submit CSQ application. My work permit expired 1 day after I submitted CSQ application. It does sound very confusing but I do understand it took me too long to pass french tests in order to apply for the CSQ. I had no other choice.
I don’t know whether my application will be accepted due to the fact I no longer hold a job in Quebec (Work permit expired) and I didn’t know I was able to upload documents even after the application was submitted.
It’s been now 5 months since I submitted my application. I am very worried. No words from them.