+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ points short after March changes, need ways to make up

ashPEQ

Apr 4, 2017
Hi all,

I am doing a 1 year program now in Quebec, before March changes I was over the required 49 but now I am below.

Here is my point breakdown now:

Education: 6

AOT: 9

Work: 4

Language: 6 (hoping to get 6 points from IELTS)

Quebec stay: 5

Finance: 1

Total 47/50

Employment offer, Family In Quebec, Spouse/Common-law partner Characteristics, Presence Of Accompanying Children are all not applicable to me.

I already wasted my 3 year PGWP, as I previously did a 2 year diploma in Ontario and was able to only gain 7 months full time experience as a skilled worker before I had to go back home for emergency reasons, so I won't be getting a Work Permit after graduating this course. I worked as an unpaid intern, Volunteered, worked on other jobs which wasn’t considered skilled according to the NOC grade for CSR points.

I know Quebec counts unpaid internship toward their points system too, Adding all that up still doesn’t get me over 50 points.
I can’t afford myself to do another 2 or 3 year program and get points on Education, So my only option now looks like French language points .

And my question is how are TEF & TEFAQ graded?

As Quebec mainly requires Listening and Speaking from TEF & TEFAQ for points, will I be ok if I get a B2 on listening and speaking and A1 on everything else or is it mandatory that I need to get B2 across all four sections to be able to submit it for CSQ?

I am living in a French speaking city, I feel like I can improve my skills on these sections just by listening and trying to talk with other French speakers but not sure if I can prepare myself for writing/reading too before my college ends in November. Is this possible? Please let me know if there are any other way

I am mainly only looking towards TEF, as it is the only one that count towards CRS points too. But, I see there are TCF/TCFQ and DELF/DALF too. Does these tests allow me to pass only on the two sections I think I can pass on and get my points over 50 for CSQ?

FYI, My calculated CSR score stands at 424

Thanks if you took your time to read this and hoping someone can tell me how exactly to go through with this