+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crucial documents needed

chebe01

Jun 17, 2016
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the engaging forum!!

I've been offered admission to Waterloo for a PhD with guaranteed 4yrs funding (34k CAD per year). I am currently an academic staff with a uni in South Africa (where I obtained my masters degree in 2011). I applied for my study visa online and uploaded my admission letter, upfront medicals, police clearance, funding letter, my 6 month bank statement, and bank statements from my parents in naija. In my LOE, I indicated that the account statements from my parents was to indicate that they are willing and able to support me if the need arises ( my account statement and funding letter is sufficient IMO; my account balance is approx. 12k CAD).

I have been following the conversations on the forum and notice that people also submit their English proficiency test scores, masters certificate, pay slips, education evaluations (WES), etc. Should I send a case inquiry and submit these documents? I am already worried that the processing time in SA is ludicrous and wouldn't want my application to be unduly delayed.

I applied on the 11th of May, did my biometrics on the 6th of June. Biometrics status changed to "not needed at this time" but no other update as yet.

Pls what do you advice? Am I missing any crucial document?........when it comes to ties at home, it even gets more worrisome. My parents are in Nigeria, I have a permanent residency status in South Africa and also have a sister living here in SA with her family. I have two brothers in the US and another sister in Lagos. Will this prove to be a problem regarding my "ties to home country"?