+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal records

tarikMontreal

Mar 22, 2015
Since Canada is welcoming hundreds of thousands of people from the 3rd world and countries with very corrupt governments. I am wondering how the embassy deals with criminal records. For instance I spent a long time in Morocco and noticed the definition of crime is very very different there. For instance a gang related act of violence and drug dealing is not always a crime but criticizing the political leaders can get you 15 years in Prison. So how does the Canadian embassy handle criminal backgrounds from such countries?

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Since Canada is welcoming hundreds of thousands of people from the 3rd world and countries with very corrupt governments. I am wondering how the embassy deals with criminal records. For instance I spent a long time in Morocco and noticed the definition of crime is very very different there. For instance a gang related act of violence and drug dealing is not always a crime but criticizing the political leaders can get you 15 years in Prison. So how does the Canadian embassy handle criminal backgrounds from such countries?
Good question, ask Trudeau the traitor

Reactions: tarikMontreal

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Equivalency - in order to be criminally inadmissible in Canada the foreign conviction must correspond with an unlawful act in Canada.

The criminal statutes are compared to see if the act would also be illegal here in Canada. Anyone convicted for criticizing some tin pot dictator will not be criminally inadmissible. Someone who punched someone in the face will be.

mollieford

Jun 8, 2024
Category........
Other
Looking for criminal lawyers near me? It's crucial to find experienced legal representation like Sevens Legal. They specialize in navigating local laws and offering personalized defense strategies. Whether you're facing charges or seeking legal advice, proximity and expertise matter. Trust Sevens Legal for reliable support in your legal matters.

• Haha
Reactions: foodie69

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Looking for criminal lawyers near me? It's crucial to find experienced legal representation like Sevens Legal. They specialize in navigating local laws and offering personalized defense strategies. Whether you're facing charges or seeking legal advice, proximity and expertise matter. Trust Sevens Legal for reliable support in your legal matters.
How can you sleep at night posting this inane crap ?