+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Record for Citizenship application

Abdullahchy58

Nov 24, 2023
Hello Everyone. I applied for citizenship and also completed the citizenship test . IRCC also asked me to provide the fingerprint and I provided that for the citizenship application . But I have a question regarding criminal record . I was charged with a crime (theft under 5000 ) while my status is PR , my fingerprint and mugshot was taken at the police station but the charge was later on dropped by the court. I never even had to go to court . Will it affect my citizenship application. Looking for expert advise on this. Thank you .

pop.xo

Feb 21, 2018
can
Hello Everyone. I applied for citizenship and also completed the citizenship test . IRCC also asked me to provide the fingerprint and I provided that for the citizenship application . But I have a question regarding criminal record . I was charged with a crime (theft under 5000 ) while my status is PR , my fingerprint and mugshot was taken at the police station but the charge was later on dropped by the court. I never even had to go to court . Will it affect my citizenship application. Looking for expert advise on this. Thank you .
Could you please keep posting updates of your application, I am in a similar situation but I have received absolute discharge and have received FP request.

pop.xo

Feb 21, 2018
My background verification got completed last week . I was charged with a minor crime and the charge was stayed .
That’s really good to know.
For the same offence I have received Absolute discharge. What do you think will it be an issue ? IRCC received my FP last week I received ghost update on Aug 9th but have not received any actual update after that. Called IRCC call centre couple of times and all they say is we have received your FP and security is cleared and criminality is under review.