+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Record Certificates for IEC Visa

johnoaks

Aug 5, 2019
Hi,

I am in the process for applying for a working holiday visa, I am from the UK and have completed a working holiday visa in Australia, I have managed to get police certificates from both these countries, however I also spent some time (around 6 months) working as an English teacher in Spain 6 years ago.

I am not sure if I need to provide a criminal record certificate for this, I am confused as on the website it says 'any country you have spent six months or more in a row' and I left Spain for several weeks on a couple of occasions during that time, therefore do I need to provide a police certificate?

I wanted to get one just to be safe but I've already spent a lot of time and money and not really got anywhere due to the Spanish ministry of justice being an absolute nightmare to work with and also my lack of fluency in Spanish. The problem is it seems I need to get my passport photocopy certified by the Hague Apostille (I paid to get it certidied at the UK post office but this was unacceptable apparently), also once I get the certificate I need to pay for it to be translated and then somehow get it certified again in Spain. this is all extremely expensive and complicated and I don't have the time left to do all of this now.

My question is firstly do I need this certificate and would I have a problem if I submitted my application without one? I obviously don't have any sort of criminal record and it's pretty stressful to think this might prevent me being accepted.

Thanks in advance for any replies and sorry for the longwinded post.