+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crazy WES evaluation!

sunnydreams

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Hi Guys!

I received WES report after a long wait. But that too is really weird. I have,

Bachelors in Commerce – The university is reputed an recognised by WES(I sent the sealed docus)
Masters in Human Resource Development – Again the university is reputed and recognised by WES(The uni sent docus)

However my assessment report says I have FOUR YEARS BACHELORS DEGREE! WTH!! I am enrolled in the PhD course in the UK based on the same Masters degree. It is also recognised by USA. I have already emailed WES but I know how slow those guys are! Express entry is a number game and I can not afford to lose the points for the degree that I earned from hard work.

Anyone have insight or sailing in the same boat? Please help.

Many thanks,

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
sunnydreams said:
Hi Guys!

Bachelors in Commerce – The university is reputed an recognised by WES(I sent the sealed docus)
Masters in Human Resource Development – Again the university is reputed and recognised by WES(The uni sent docus)

However my assessment report says I have FOUR YEARS BACHELORS DEGREE! WTH!! I am enrolled in the PhD course in the UK based on the same Masters degree. It is also recognised by USA. I have already emailed WES but I know how slow those guys are! Express entry is a number game and I can not afford to lose the points for the degree that I earned from hard work.

Many thanks,

Well, I'm not in Same boat but Im waiting for assessment report from WES my documents reached on Feb 12th . May be started looking at my documents from Feb 17th due to national holiday on Feb 16th 2015 in Canada . Status on the account shows "Evaluation - In progress" from Feb 12th itself and I dont know how long I need to wait .. I was trying to contact them In all possible ways but no use... Do you know how long you wait to get your education document assessment after "Evaluation - In Progress " status...

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunnydreams said:
Hi Guys!

Many thanks,
Can you please tell me the duration of your BCom? If it was two years, then WES will count your two year master's towards four year bachelor equivalency. Its a normal practice

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
Auone said:
Can you please tell me the duration of your BCom? If it was two years, then WES will count your two year master's towards four year bachelor equivalency. Its a normal practice

Hi I got a question

I 've 3 yrs bachelor degree B.Sc Computer Science and 2 yrs M.Sc Computer Science from INDIA and also 2 yrs M.Sc Computer Science from Sweden . do you have rough idea how it shows in the assessment report

Cheers,

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know exactly what ECA will show in this situation, haven't ever heard anyone having "Double Master's" equivalency. In any case, your EE points will remain the same with a single or a double Masters.

sunnydreams

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
@ Auone: The report says I have double Bachelors and not a Master degree at all!!!! I have 3 years Bachelors(Hons) degree to be precise

@ naga.msbi: My Bachelors degree is of 3 years and Masters consists of 2 years with an internship of 2 months. My docus sent in the begining of the February. From last week the status showed an expected completion date of 15 March. But when I checked today morning the status showed evaluation in progress and so I was anticipating a report by the end of the day

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunnydreams said:
@ Auone: The report says I have double Bachelors and not a Master degree at all!!!! I have 3 years Bachelors(Hons) degree to be precise

@ naga.msbi: My Bachelors degree is of 3 years and Masters consists of 2 years with an internship of 2 months. My docus sent in the begining of the February. From last week the status showed an expected completion date of 15 March. But when I checked today morning the status showed evaluation in progress and so I was anticipating a report by the end of the day
And does the report mention any duration for the two bachelors?

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunnydreams said:
Hi Guys!

Many thanks,
Ok...I am not a 100% sure on this, but as far as i know, in Canada a bachelors degree is 4 years. Now, in a lot of european and commonwealth nations ( including UK, India)- they have bachelors degree of 3 years + masters of 1/2 years.
Now, when you apply for further education in Canada, your bachelors and masters is equal to a 4 year canadian bachelor. That is the reason you were evaluated at 4 years bachelor.

How do i know this? My friend was refused university admission into masters program - because she had 3 year bachelors - she was asked to do masters in home country - achieve atleast 4 years of education and then re-apply for Masters in Canada.
I am guessing the same is used for EE qualification as well.

Michau

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apparently, not always. I have 5 years consolidated Master's program (no Bachelor's title) and was evaluated by WES as Bachelor's + Master's.

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
Michau said:
Apparently, not always. I have 5 years consolidated Master's program (no Bachelor's title) and was evaluated by WES as Bachelor's + Master's.
My Case

India Bachelor 3 yrs + India master 2 yrs+Sweden master 2 yrs = bachelor + master in Canadian equivalency ?

Im just guessing

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naga.msbi said:
My Case

India Bachelor 3 yrs + India master 2 yrs+Sweden master 2 yrs = bachelor + master in Canadian equivalency ?

Im just guessing
Atleast you will get this, if not better.

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
What in my case??

Recognized bachelor - 4 years
Recognized master, but in the report it`s not written how many years.

What should we write in EE profile in section for assessment on education where we need to write the years for the Masters diploma?

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
runaway982 said:
What in my case??

Recognized bachelor - 4 years
Recognized master, but in the report it`s not written how many years.

What should we write in EE profile in section for assessment on education where we need to write the years for the Masters diploma?
I wrote the duration of programme. Mine was 27 months, I put two years.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
WES Masters evaluation will be given if you have 3+3 or 4+2 I.e total 6 yes education else they will make it equivalent to 4 yes degree in Canada. This is what I observed.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I agree... In my case, i got evaluation completed in just 2 days.
The thing ive noticed about WES is that if your university is accredited by WES, then they have no problem assigning you almost similar number of years in canada.
Inmy case, my BS from Pakistan was assigned to 4 years canadian education and MS from abelgium was assigned 2 years canadian equivalent masters