+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPE

pdimitriadi

Jan 9, 2015
Dear Sirs,
Firstly, congratulations for helping so many people through your site.
I would like to ask whether it is obligatory to take the IELTS examination in order to prove your knowledge in English. The reason why I 'm asking is because I have already taken language examinations in my country, and the highest diploma I have been granted is from the University of Michigan, the certificate of proficiency in English which clearly mentions that I have successfully passed the examination for the certificate of proficiency in English as a second or foreign language.
Furthermore, my knowledge in French is satisfactory enough, and this is proven by the DELF1 (Diplome d'Etudes en Langue Francaise 1er degre) certificate I have from the French republic and the national education ministry. Is it recognized in order to complete my express entry profile or do I have to take the TEF exams?
Thanking you in advance for your time and kind assistance.
Best regards, Penelope Dimitriadi

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pdimitriadi said:
Dear Sirs,
Firstly, congratulations for helping so many people through your site.
I would like to ask whether it is obligatory to take the IELTS examination in order to prove your knowledge in English. The reason why I 'm asking is because I have already taken language examinations in my country, and the highest diploma I have been granted is from the University of Michigan, the certificate of proficiency in English which clearly mentions that I have successfully passed the examination for the certificate of proficiency in English as a second or foreign language.
Furthermore, my knowledge in French is satisfactory enough, and this is proven by the DELF1 (Diplome d'Etudes en Langue Francaise 1er degre) certificate I have from the French republic and the national education ministry. Is it recognized in order to complete my express entry profile or do I have to take the TEF exams?
Thanking you in advance for your time and kind assistance.
Best regards, Penelope Dimitriadi
Which express entry program do you want to apply under?
FSW - FST - CEC - PNP ?

I'm an American with a masters degree from UBC and was still required to take IELTS - there are no exemptions.

If you need to take a language test - IELTS or CELPIP are the two choices for English and TEF for French - Can't use other test scores (TOEFL, TOEIC) instead.