+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country/ territory of issue

Jul 25, 2019
After receiving the invite to apply for PR. Its asks for country or territory of issue under personal details for identity document.
I am an indian and in Canada on work permit. My new passport is issued in Toronto by Indian embassy.
Should my Country/ territory of issue be India or Canada?

I already received invite. But I mentioned Canada as country of Issue under personal details and nationality as indian in my express entry profile.

what should I do with PR profile?
Please advice..

Reactions: Armstrong17

Armstrong17

Jul 30, 2022
Hi Niveditha,

I hope you got your PR.
I am in the same situation as yours. In the Express Entry profile, I marked it [i.e., "Country / territory of issue"] as "Canada" as I got a new, renewed Indian Passport from Toronto, Canada.
I have now received ITA. While filling the PR Application details, what should I fill in "Country / territory of issue"? Any suggestion? Thank you!

Thanks,
Anshuman

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Niveditha,

I hope you got your PR.
I am in the same situation as yours. In the Express Entry profile, I marked it [i.e., "Country / territory of issue"] as "Canada" as I got a new, renewed Indian Passport from Toronto, Canada.
I have now received ITA. While filling the PR Application details, what should I fill in "Country / territory of issue"? Any suggestion? Thank you!

Thanks,
Anshuman
Country of Issue is the Country that issued your passport and not where the passport was issued.

Reactions: Armstrong17

Armstrong17

Jul 30, 2022
Country of Issue is the Country that issued your passport and not where the passport was issued.
Thank you so much, @cansha . Really appreciated.
I will update that in my e-APR. Should I upload a letter of explanation just for this? Will this update cause any issues? Any idea? Thank you so much!

samvinoj28

Nov 11, 2022
Hi Armstrong, I am in the same situation as you were earlier.. I have given Canada as Country/Territory of Issue in EE profile as I got my passport renewed in Canada. Now I got ITA. Can you please help me how did you proceed in this situation and did you face any problem after you updated India as Country/Territory of Issue in APR?

Thank you!