+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country of Birth?

Texmex44

Feb 5, 2009
Hello All,

Hopefully someone can answer a quick question for me. When i entered Canada as a Visitor, the immigration officer gave me a visitor record with my place of birth as England... However, i have a british passport but i was born in Northern Ireland. My PR application has been handed in, and i put my place of birth as Ballymena, Northern Ireland (as you would). What is going to happen next, i sent a copy of my birth certificate with my application. Are they going to ask for further proof? Or is this just people generalizing the UK as just England?

Many Thank

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Texmex44 said:
Hello All,

Hopefully someone can answer a quick question for me. When i entered Canada as a Visitor, the immigration officer gave me a visitor record with my place of birth as England... However, i have a british passport but i was born in Northern Ireland. My PR application has been handed in, and i put my place of birth as Ballymena, Northern Ireland (as you would). What is going to happen next, i sent a copy of my birth certificate with my application. Are they going to ask for further proof? Or is this just people generalizing the UK as just England?

Many Thank
You got a CBSA officer who didn't realize there is England Scotland, Wales and N.I. as countries in the UK. It will make no difference.

PMM