+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counting part-time hours for one year of Canadian work experience

Tanvirfarabi

Mar 12, 2020
Hello,

I am a bit confused about how to count the required hours for CEC, so I would be glad if anyone can help me here. I started working in my current job from March 2019 as a part-time Marketing intern while I was studying full-time. After I graduated in December 2019, I joined the same company as a full-time Marketing Manager. I have 800 hours of part-time experience in the Marketing intern position before becoming a full-time employee and has 960 hours until now as a full-time employee. So, in total, I have 1760 hours in the same company, but in two different positions. Can I count that as one year of Canadian work experience?

Any suggestions/advice will be much appreciated. Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am a bit confused about how to count the required hours for CEC, so I would be glad if anyone can help me here. I started working in my current job from March 2019 as a part-time Marketing intern while I was studying full-time. After I graduated in December 2019, I joined the same company as a full-time Marketing Manager. I have 800 hours of part-time experience in the Marketing intern position before becoming a full-time employee and has 960 hours until now as a full-time employee. So, in total, I have 1760 hours in the same company, but in two different positions. Can I count that as one year of Canadian work experience?

Any suggestions/advice will be much appreciated. Thank you!
- You can only count work experience from the time you applied for your PGWP. Any work experience before you submitted your PGWP application cannot be counted.
- For each week where you worked 30 hours or more, count this as 1 week of work experience.
- For each week where you worked fewer than 30 hours, add up the total number of hours and divide by 30.
- If the two numbers above add up to 52 weeks, you have 1 year of work experience.

Tanvirfarabi

Mar 12, 2020
- You can only count work experience from the time you applied for your PGWP. Any work experience before you submitted your PGWP application cannot be counted.
- For each week where you worked 30 hours or more, count this as 1 week of work experience.
- For each week where you worked fewer than 30 hours, add up the total number of hours and divide by 30.
- If the two numbers above add up to 52 weeks, you have 1 year of work experience.
Then I won't be able to count the part-time work experience as that was under my study permit, not PGWP.

Thank you for your response!