+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correspondence Letter for Biometrics in Indian application - Study Permit

Arka161

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi,

I got a correspondence on my application that biometrics have been received. I submitted my Biometrics on September 23rd, and I got a Correspondence Letter that they have received it.

The letter said something like:

"Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada"

Does this mean their second stage of review has started? I have received my AIP on 22nd August, and I have applied on 12th July, and my application is a non-SDS application from India (Biometrics given in the United Arab Emirates).

Approximately, when will I get my study permit?

Reactions: amschel

amschel

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hi,

I got a correspondence on my application that biometrics have been received. I submitted my Biometrics on September 23rd, and I got a Correspondence Letter that they have received it.

"Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada"

Does this mean their second stage of review has started? I have received my AIP on 22nd August, and I have applied on 12th July, and my application is a non-SDS application from India (Biometrics given in the United Arab Emirates).

You should receive PPR soonest

Math01995

Dec 15, 2019
Hi,

Hey can i ask you a question?
Are you a resident of UAE?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
What you received is known as a BVL. The fact that you past the 1st stage and an AIP was sent to you beforehand most likely means a positive decision has been taken on your application and you should be receiving an OPR within a few hours (to 24 hours) after the BVL. I don't want to jump the gun and say congrats.... But Congrats.

Update us when you get an update.

Reactions: Arka161

Arka161

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
What you received is known as a BVL. The fact that you past the 1st stage and an AIP was sent to you beforehand most likely means a positive decision has been taken on your application and you should be receiving an OPR within a few hours (to 24 hours) after the BVL. I don't want to jump the gun and say congrats.... But Congrats.

Update us when you get an update.
Hello azzamkc.

Thank you so much for your reply. I did not know BVL meant anything good :)
Did you get a BVL and a VISA soon after it? My application is from India but Biometrics were given in Abu Dhabi.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hello azzamkc.

Thank you so much for your reply. I did not know BVL meant anything good :)
Did you get a BVL and a VISA soon after it? My application is from India but Biometrics were given in Abu Dhabi.
I got the BVL and 24 hrs later got a letter in my GC account stating that I must send in my passport. On my account profile it say at the bottom that my application has been approved. Now I'm waiting for my passport to come back with a stamp.

Reactions: Arka161

shrip15

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
Hi,

which college or university?

Arka161

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
I got the BVL and 24 hrs later got a letter in my GC account stating that I must send in my passport. On my account profile it say at the bottom that my application has been approved. Now I'm waiting for my passport to come back with a stamp.
Thank you for your reply. Been 4-5 days since mine. Hopefully I get it soon too. All the best for your studies :) I wish you good luck

mithun5991

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
No, I am under a long term visit visa for now.
Hey @Arka161,

Could you please tell us what are the procedures that needs to be done to go to Dubai to give biometrics? ( Including quarantine plans and all from India)

How did your journey go to and fro ? Please can you explain? It would help many here in India

Arka161

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hey @Arka161,

Could you please tell us what are the procedures that needs to be done to go to Dubai to give biometrics? ( Including quarantine plans and all from India)

How did your journey go to and fro ? Please can you explain? It would help many here in India
I did not go to Dubai to just give biometrics, I have family in UAE. It would be different for Indians going exclusively for giving their biometrics.
You would need the VISA, pay some money for COVID tests, and to follow the required quarantine measures.

Reactions: mithun5991