+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR TORN ACCIDENTALLY - NEED HELP URGENT PLEASE!!

Nov 15, 2012
Hello Friends,

I received the copr and passport for myself and my spouse from CHC Newdelhi yesterday and while opening my envelope, I accidentally tore about 1 centimeter of the COPR documents in the extreme right hand side where there is nothing printed. How ever there is no damage to the barcode or to anything printed on the sheet. Except that about 6 mm of my photo had been torn.

My situation is this, my spouse is in Italy and I will have to know if this is acceptable or to reprint new COPR then will have to get it done asap and return his passport to him. Anybody with prior similar experience please help! :'(

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
GeethaSelvaraj said:
Hello Friends,

I received the copr and passport for myself and my spouse from CHC Newdelhi yesterday and while opening my envelope, I accidentally tore about 1 centimeter of the COPR documents in the extreme right hand side where there is nothing printed. How ever there is no damage to the barcode or to anything printed on the sheet. Except that about 6 mm of my photo had been torn.

My situation is this, my spouse is in Italy and I will have to know if this is acceptable or to reprint new COPR then will have to get it done asap and return his passport to him. Anybody with prior similar experience please help! :'(
As long as essential information on the document is not destroyed you don't have to worry about it and no need to request a new one.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GeethaSelvaraj said:
Senior members please reply kindly help :-X
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-copr-papers-got-torn-but-still-intact-t183006.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/slightly-torndamaged-copr-will-cbsa-throw-a-hissy-fit-when-i-land-t302628.0.html

Nov 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your responses :) update on my situation: I did a case specific enquirer to cic and received an email from them within two days that it is ok to travel and it will not be a problem as long as necessary information is not tampered on the document..and today I also received emails from Delhi high commission to go ahead and travel and that the COPR will be replaced at the port of entry and it might cause a slight delay..this email was sent after about 20 days time..

thank you friends for the support!

Reactions: kamy18