+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR post 18 March 2020, living in USA

rajgrk

Apr 17, 2019
Hello All,

My COPR is issued post March 2020. My COPR and PR Visa is valid till 5th March 2021. I am living in USA. Per the recent travel restrictions, it looks like people living in US and wanting to cross the border via land are allowed with a negative Covid test and mandatory 14 day quarantine. I cannot travel to Canada right now and have raised a webform asking to extend my COPR. But, waiting for the response. If anyone can answer my below questions, it would be of great help :

1. Does anyone know if extension of COPR is possible for applicants living in US? If so, please share any confirmation/proof you may have. And the process to get the same.
  2. If I had to travel before my COPR expiration, can I complete the mandatory 14 day quarantine, apply for PR Card and return to US? I have valid work authorization in USA and willing to work in US at least till end of this year.

Shackle

May 11, 2019
@rajgrk Did they grant an extension? My post march COPR is expiring soon and I might not be able to do the permanent landing and hoping they are extending for folks in the US post march too?